I (sort of) knitted!

You made me laugh, hehe, kinda like easing into a non heated swimming pool ;).

6 Likes

:joy: I attempted to knit and failed miserably :sob: so I tried this to get used to it

5 Likes

awww :(, if you lived close I would teach you. my style of knitting is so close to the way you crochet.

5 Likes

Ooh! I would totally watch tutorials if you made them!

5 Likes

I was planning on getting needles at the craft store this week

5 Likes

i recommend bamboo circular needles, they are easier to handle. you donā€™t have to knit in a circle to use them, you can knit back and forth. the metal needles are slipperier to work with than the wood.

5 Likes

Ok! What store do you get them at? My town only has Michaels Joanns and hobby lobby

5 Likes

Michaelā€™s should have the bamboo circulars, my Hobby Lobby doesnā€™t carry many needles, tho their selection of yarn is awesome. I find the best selection of needles at my local JoAnnā€™s Craft store.

5 Likes

Ok! I love hobby lobby yarn too! I just spent $90 this week to get some yarn :joy:

5 Likes

I plan my yarn shopping with their 30% off weeks on yarn, which in my area is this week. ;). they have them ever other week :).

5 Likes

Yes! Mine is this week too! I missed the sale and didnā€™t realize that it was the off week :sob:

5 Likes

i use their app so I can keep track :joy:

5 Likes

I didnā€™t know they had an app! I will have to get it. I sell my finished products and need to get sale yarn.

5 Likes

my dad always told me the old saying ā€œa penny saved is a penny earnedā€, and they do add up ;). and he also always told me ā€œnever say money and only in the same sentenceā€ :rofl::rofl:, that was alway when I had told him, but dad itā€™s only $5.

6 Likes

go to sefirothe99 on youtube (I couldnā€™t see how to find the link on my iPad). and look up her combined continental knitting video from August 4th 2012. that is exactly how I knit, tho the way I tension the yarn in my left hand is a little different. however, the way you tension your yarn in crochet will totally work for this style of knitting.

6 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I will look at it when I get my needles!

6 Likes

Hereā€™s the link to the video. :blush:

6 Likes

I have an iPad and just touched ā€œshareā€ then ā€œcopy linkā€ in the window that popped up. :blush:

6 Likes

I usually share with my text msgs but I donā€™t have text on this (on purpose). Iā€™ll see next time if give me the option to share with Ribblr. ugh missed your saying you copied the link, lol that is what happens when youā€™re running on 6 hrs of sleep. I will try that next time.

6 Likes

@LDSVenus
Go take a nap. :hugs:

6 Likes