I think I'm addicted to the "knit" single crochet stitch!

I only discovered this stitch recently, and I simply can’t stop! Help! :sweat_smile:
Anyone tried it? I think it is also called waistcoat stitch. It’s basically working the sc into the base of the stitch between the two vertical bars, instead of the top of the stitch!

24 Likes

That’s beautiful! I still need to give that stitch another go, it looks so lovely.

4 Likes

Oh, how neat! I may have to give that a go!

4 Likes

It so cool! But you need to make sure you work loosely because if you are too tight it can be hard to insert the hook between the bars :smile:

6 Likes

Good to know… thanks for the tip!

4 Likes

Very pretty! I’ll have to give it a try!

4 Likes

it’s a really nice stitch :grinning:

5 Likes

Your work and workmanship are beautiful Yet I am stumped as to what you said. I will seek out a video tutorial on it. Thank you!

5 Likes

I am planning to implement this stitch in a few of the upcoming Ribblr Free Designs, and I plan to also include a video tutorial, so hopefully it will work for you! :heartpulse:

7 Likes

I’ve made several sweaters with this stitch and recently wrote a colourwork pattern for a cowl with the waistcoat stitch for the main piece. It’s so addictive for sure!

6 Likes

I know! I’m now working on a colorwork hat, and also a sweater both in waistcoat st, so we craft alike :wink:

4 Likes

You’re giving me way too many ideas for my baby hats!

4 Likes

It looks so pretty, so nice and straight. I must try it some time.
I’m very curious to see the free Ribblr design you’re planning to use it for ! @Lir

4 Likes

Still in the process of trying an idea, then changing it a few time, but I’m almost there :slight_smile:
Hopefully soon I’ll finish it and will give you an update!

5 Likes

I first heard about that stitch by using tunisian crochet. I love the fabric it creates.
It also gives people, who can’t knit, the opportunity to geht quite the same effect with crochet / tunisian crochet.

7 Likes

I know! That’s why I also really love it!
I know how to knit, but I feel more comfortable with a hook in my hand, so it’s an excellent solution! :blush:

4 Likes

I haven’t used this stitch before, but it looks so pretty :heart_eyes: I can’t wait to try it out!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It’s so good for colorwork in rounds without turning, because the stitch is always worked in the middle, and not to the side!

2 Likes