I would like some Crocheting besties!

Hey guys!

So, recently I’ve delved into Instagram and Ribblr for more social interaction when crocheting. Specifically, on Instagram, there are so so so so many things to go through that I often feel overwhelmed or that I miss out. Anyways, I’m a bit shy and don’t have many people to converse with on social media about my craft.

Long story short, I’d love you guys to share your active Instgram crochet accounts with me! I wanna make some friends, start some conversations, and just generally be more involved with the community.

I can also ask, how do you guys find people with similar interests? I struggle to go to in-person events because I struggle with Agoraphobia, but I also have anxiety about sending messages and asking people about their makes, patterns, etc, so I’m always unsure of what the proper etiquette is.

I’m done rambling for now, but I just wanted to say hello to this community and offer support where I can. <3

43 Likes

Helllo!!! I would love to talk to you and get to know you! I don’t have many crochet friends and I am also a bit akward when it comes to trying to make friends​:sweat_smile:
I don’t know if we can contact on here but my instagram is bees.cute.crafts if you want to follow me on there and I can text you? Whatever makes you more comfortable I can do​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Much love,
Bee

12 Likes

I’m not that active on insta (@ wolfje_kim) but it would be really fun to chat/be friends (I do reply quickly to notifications though), I’m a little socially awkward though sooo I guess I kinda relate

Also I know it might not be what you’re looking for but I got a small discord server with some people here from ribblr to just chat/hang out/share pictures of our work and like stuff like that :grin: if you’re interested you can join (That goes for anyone who would like btw), just let me know and I’ll post the link? :purple_heart:

About finding people with similar interests, that’s sometimes difficult but for crochet specific I’d recommend looking around the ribblr community (everyone here is so nice) or checking out some crochet accounts on insta, though those are usually big so getting close friends might be difficult :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Hii :smile: I don’t use instagram for crafting social media, but I have just fallen head over heels into Ribblr, and I coicidentalaly also struggle with Agoraphobia, generalized anxiety disorder and PTSD. I don’t go out much… Really ever if I’m honest :sweat_smile:
Anywho, I get most of my crafty socializing from Ribblr here, and would love to chat sometime if you’d like! I just finished up my first pride crop top wearable a few weeks ago, and started my first teddy bear recently. I’m always up for a good conversation about favorites, WIP’s, and yarn
I check Ribblr usually every evening, and a few days here and there I’m on it all day long haha.

13 Likes

Psst, I would totally be interested in that discord server! :grin: :love_letter:
My pc will be fixed soon as well, just in case theres ever any movie nights or crochet along days haha
Animal Crossing Relax GIF by Amalgia LLC

10 Likes

Sounds good :grin: Craft group 🧶 here’s the link
(updated the link)

12 Likes

People can always contact each other privately on messages too!

10 Likes

You can find me at
@anoswaldoddity2 on Instagram.
By the way……

12 Likes

My IG is not all crochet related. I post alot of crystals on there too. It is a personal account of my wacky world. But I do post my finished projects on there. My name on IG is wanda1224. You will see a fairy ballerina as profile picture. Need some crochet buddies. I don’t have and friends or family that crochet or collect crystals for that matter either. Join me. Just let me know you are from here. I get lots of random people

10 Likes

I don’t have instagram mad was bullied on discord so I don’t have that anymore

Would love to get to know some more crafty buddies

11 Likes

Hi there are you new to crocheting or knitting??

10 Likes

I am newer to knitting, but I have been crocheting for almost 2 years now. I’ve only been knitting for a few months.

9 Likes

Where abouts do you live?? I live in Auckland New Zealand. Ive been crocheting since i was six it would have been 50 years this September but i couldn’t knit or crochet for 10 yearsxas of Raynalds Disease and Rymatoid Arthritis. Also ive been knitting since i was 10.

8 Likes

Hi, I’m novamesne on Instagram. Also, you can check Facebook groups and discord servers

9 Likes

Hello! Lovely to see so many looking for community! I’ve been a crocheter for 12 years and I’m very active on my crochet account! Please add me @/japanda_designs . I am looking for more people who like crochet content as my focus is transitioning to more community/craft based content!

15 Likes

Yayyyyyy crystals, I also really really really love collecting them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I kinda ran out of storage a bit ago so need to get another storage thingy to put some new ones

11 Likes

9 Likes

I always take a small project with me when I go out. If you are a bit uncomfortable at an event, you could crochet a dishcloth or something easy. That would attract like minded people and give you something to talk about. Welcome to the Ribblr community. :raised_hand:

9 Likes

Hi there id love to be your crocheting/knitting bestie??? Im Gwen. I think i git message from you yesterday :thinking: :wink: :heart:

10 Likes

Oh my gosh hey everyone!! I really didn’t expect this to blow up as much as it did.

I want to apologize first as I’ve been hospitalized with the 'vid so my energy and overall ability to socialize now is of course at an all-time low. I’m hoping to only be here a day or two, but seeing all this really warmed my heart. <3

I’ll be sure to follow you all on Instagram as soon as I can as well (I will be @AlyphiraCrochet).

I’ll try to respond to everyone once I’m feeling less under the weather (symptoms are kicking me in the butt).

However, @WolfKvB I use discord regularly so I would love a link! Of course, as I see this I see you posted a link response already haha.

Anyways, a quick update to just say this all really warmed my heart and I cannot wait to be a part of this community even more. You guys are awesome and I feel much less isolated right now despite being quarantined.

10 Likes