idk what to put up as the title

heey!! i need help with using hooks for this specific yarn-
ive been using bernet blanket for a while now and can never made the stitches tight enough
(only for that kind of yarn) , ive been using a 5mm hook for bernet blanket ,and, yes, the stitches never come out tight enough- is it just the hook? or is it just me ?
does this ever happen to you with bernet blanket? if so, i need help :sob:

21 Likes

maybe you need to tighten your tension? do you have a pic? are you gripping your yarn correctly?

6 Likes

i dont really have any pictures atm- cant take any bc i cant find any of my other devices :sob:
(on a laptop rn) and honestly, now that im thinking ab it- i feel like imma hv to tighten my tension, for some reason ive never really cared ab that, but- imma start doing that :sob:
tysvm ^^

6 Likes

this should help!

6 Likes

tysvm!! i appreciate it ^^

6 Likes

i use a 5mm hook for bernat funny that youre talking about it because im literally useing it rightnow!!! anyway mabey its youre tension or you should try a 4.5mm hook.

6 Likes

I like using one mm down from what’s reccomended on the yarn!

5 Likes

I’ve used a 4 mm hook for it and ya my hands hurt but it seems to be the only hook size i can get a particular tension right. Because of its bulky weight it seems to not want to lay proper. I would work with a hook size that makes you comfortable adjust your yarn hold. Another thing that comes to mind is how the hook is held. The results usually are from the tension. I still struggle with the blanket yarn some turn out awesome some not.

5 Likes

i think it might be your tension- i use a 8mm and it works perfectly fine!

2 Likes

I don’t know I usually use a 6mm and I don’t see any problems, it’s probably your hook or tension ( sorry everyone has said this lol) maybe try a bigger hook?

2 Likes

I use a 4mm-4.5mm when working with Bernat blanket, and I like to keep my yarn/loop tight to the hook to keep nice tension ( I hate having bc holey projects )

2 Likes

wut you use 5mm for bernat blanket??? I use a 10 mm :see_no_evil: . Maybe your tension needs to be tighter ? idk

2 Likes

I think it might be your tension… but if it’s still loose when you harden your tension, it then is most likely your hook is a little too big.

2 Likes

I usually use a 5.00 - 8.00mm hook. Depends on the project. Right now I’m making a blanket and I’m using a 7.00mm. For amigurumi I use like a 5.00mm or a 6.00mm.

1 Like

ofcofc !! tysvm everyone, im currently making a fennec fox with bernet blanket and the tension is better then what it was the day before ^^