In the Queue (short story)

Our party walks in to the queue for the roller coaster. It’s one of those that suspend you in midair. I’ve been terrified since Issac told me he was forcing me on. We begin the trek through the que. It’s a pretty long line of people, but we won’t have to wait long- the ride only lasts a minute.
“Issac if I pass out I’m suing. Because you would’ve ruined my day and I’m really looking forward to the water park!” I stare him dead in the eyes.
A chopped “No” escapes his lips. He grabs my phone out of my hand and, because I had it open informing my mom of what I’m doing, he proceeds to text her something stupid.
“ISSAC GIVE ME MY PHONE!” I grab for it and he lifts it above his head, causing me to have to jump to get it.
“Mine”
“Give me my dang phone back!” I glare at him as he pockets my phone. Passing the time we’re in the queue, we tease each other and just have lighthearted conversation until it is our turn to get on.
We take our seats- or what are supposed to be seats. We’re being suspended in air for this. My heart is hammering in my throat as I look ahead at where we’re going to be rocketed in just a few moments.
“Give me your hand. It’s mine now.” I grab Issac’s hand and squeeze hard. I’m terrified.
A shudder and we’re off- 60 miles per hour. I squeeze his hand harder, seeing as it’s the only thing other than the restraints I can hold on to. I look over at him and he’s just sitting there, straight faced, staring right ahead, his floof dancing in the wind.

18 Likes

THE HAlR FLOOF FGCYJLGHTKC

1 Like

the dude who Issac is based off of chopped off his floof :sob: like why would you do that to me :sob:

1 Like

no not the hair floof :sob:

1 Like

I KNOW! and before that he had long hair when I met him around christmas break of 2022 and then chopped it off in late august or early september but still had that top floof. a few weeks ago he chopped off that top floof. like bro why. I miss your floof. BRING BACK THE FLOOF

1 Like

WE STAN HAlR FLOOF :saluting_face::sparkles::sob:

1 Like

yeah still mad/sad about the floof.

1 Like

NOT THE FLOOF (complete sentece ribbler)

2 Likes