Is anyone under the age of 16 here?

I’ve just never seen anyone around my age. (Insight about moi: I’m a fourteen year old crocheter, tester, and pattern writer.) I’ve never seemed to find people my age doing the old lady hobbies I like.

28 Likes

hi, I’m not your age, but wanted to say you’re certainly not the only young person enjoying crochet and crochet & knitting have evolved so much that it’s far from an “old lady” hobby.

while obviously be careful what you share as a minor, there’s some amazing creators I’ve found (many through Instagram or YouTube) that share their creations. One of my favorites, knot-bad is here on Ribblr with some amazing patterns.

I learned to crochet at age 7, and now 40+ years later, I’m still learning new stitches and more.

16 Likes

Wow! I’m glad that you’ve kept doing a hobby you love :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I’m 24, but started around 14! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’m 15! Learned to crochet at 13.

13 Likes

Omg! I learned how to crochet when I was 13 last year :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I’m right around your age and I just learned how to crochet, I find it very impressive that you can creat patterns, I don’t understand it but maybe it’s because I’m just a beginner

12 Likes

Hi there!
I’m 34 now but I started crocheting and sewing and loved old lady hobbies before I was even 8 years old. I have been obsessed with the arts and crafts life, my entire life! I was always sorta an outcast in that area of interests. None of my friends could even use a pair of scissors! Lol they would not so nicely refer to me as “Susie Homemaker” but I never truly cared, and just kept crafting!! You do you Girl!!!

7 Likes

Hi I’m 12 and I do the same stuff as u :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I started to crochet when I was in 2nd grade! About a decade of crocheting under my belt now, but it’s certainly not just an old lady craft

9 Likes

Hii I’m 15 :D.

7 Likes

Well I’m not under 16 but I am 16 :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m close (ish) to your age and love to crochet too! You are not alone lol.

6 Likes

I’ve always been interested in anything artsy or crafty! I’ve been crocheting for over a year, and I just picked up macrame :slight_smile: I also enjoy playing guitar, ukulele, flute and piano, and I do musical theatre, choir, and band in school. So I’d say I’m a creative and talented person (:sob::sob::sob: sorry for bragging about myself )

6 Likes

I’m not under 16, but I am close! I turn 18 later this year but I started a few years ago and love it so much!:sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I’m 12

6 Likes

I started when I was twelve!:blush: (and I still am)

6 Likes

Exactly! I actually love being called a grandma because old people are cool, wise and they come from a generation where technology wasn’t popular so they’re more interesting. So thank you, whoever calls me a grandma

6 Likes

Woah u were a very clever 2nd grader

6 Likes

I’m almost 19, but did start crocheting at age 15! :grin:

5 Likes