Is anyone under the age of 16 here?

Hi, i’m 14 and learned it from my grandma a couple of years ago!

6 Likes

Hi, i,m Mitch and i just turned 15 last month. I learned how to crochet when I was 13 and haven’t stoped since. I have never been happier!!!

6 Likes

Hiii I’m actually 13, I started crochet when i was 11

6 Likes

Im 14 and ive been crocheting for 5 mounths now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I am 15 so I am around your age

7 Likes

I like to think so, but most of what I did was chain and slip stitch :joy: it wasn’t until like 3 years later when I learned anything else.

7 Likes

I’m 16 and I’ve been doing various arts and crafts most of my life. I don’t have anything against old ladies but crochet and knitting don’t necessarily have to be old lady hobbies, I think everyone should enjoy whatever hobbies they like regardless of their age or gender or anything else

6 Likes

I’m 14 to lol and won’t get accepted to any testing in crochet patterns idk why :sob::sob::sob:

5 Likes

im 17 lol

6 Likes

5 Likes

@Kiwikiki

4 Likes

Aw :cry: I’m creating a mushroom pattern soon and I’ll need some testers. Would u like me to message you when I call for some??

5 Likes

I’m 16 and started at 15 : )

5 Likes

Hi

I’m Currently 15 and have been crocheting for a few years now. My mum started teaching me, but then I am mostly self taught. I also love sewing which my Nanny taught me since I was very young, probably grade 1 so I would have been about 6 years old. My Nanny also taught me to Knit, but I haven’t done it for so long I can’t really remember how to do it. My sister is 13 and is a much better and knows a little bit more about knitting than I do. I also love cooking food. I have taken Cooking and Sewing classes at school. My mum is a teacher at my high school and we made an Art and Craft class for a Wednesday afternoon, which is for Wednesday sport and we can choose to do a sport, study or other fun things from grade 7-12.
We do some other stuff in the class but we also teach how to knit and crochet. We have made gods eyes which you grab some sticks and put them in a cross, wind wool around them and then you have a gods eye. We hang them and some other stuff on a couple of trees outside our school library. It looks really cool, but I’ll have to take another photo next week to show you all. I also take a subject called Industrial Technology which we do wood and metal work. I have made a directors chair, pot board, jewellery box, making a small coffee table soon, a hammer for hitting metal, pizza cutter, metal aeroplane, going to make a flat multi tool ( like a credit card) but mine is I the shape of a bike, and maybe a tri square, but I haven’t got around to doing that yet.
I love being crafty

4 Likes

Hi Scarlett Kitty…
I also learnt to crochet from my mum around the age of 12…I fell in love with right away…My Mum only knew basic Granny Squares, but she started experimenting and made me a baseball cap…
As a kid, I was teased alot for crocheting, as it was an old lady thing back in the day, but I didn’t care and I continued with it…
So, now thx to YouTube and groups like this I have learnt so much more…
I also feel there are alot more younger people, and men who have taken this hobbie…and has made a powerful come back.
So Miss Cookie Creation, keep up the good work, and I think you will find other younger people doing this as well…and the other part is, look at all the things you can create and wear, and I have no doubt your friends will be envious of you clothes and will want to learn as well…
I’m 50yrs old now, and there isn’t a day where I don’t do anything…it’s so nice to sit after dinner watching TV and crocheting, it is so relaxing

6 Likes

Yes yes yes…Macrame has definitely made a huge comeback…I am totally a crafty person, and was over the moon when Macrame came back in…
This year, I decided to make all my presents for family and friends, and they have all loved it…homemade gifts are the best…
None of my brother’s wanted anything crocheted and said it’s girly, so I made them Macrame keyrings, and they love them…I’m going to start my hand at leather work

4 Likes

Oh wow could I try I’ve always tried asking to test a pattern for someone but the just ignored me :sob: pls

5 Likes

@Bobob

Honey, keep hanging around and continue to volunteer to test, you’ll get picked. Just a matter of time.
By the way, do you have an Instagram account ?

4 Likes

Yes I do

3 Likes

My Instagram name is crochetbyme_14 and in my bio there is a link it’s safe dont worry it’s a link to my Etsy shop :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes