Is Trading patterns a thing?

I just thought about this and I’m kind of curious. Is trading patterns a thing here? Like, I give you my pattern and you give me yours? It sound interesting, idk

10 Likes

I dont know if thats a thing but i think thats cool!! Cuz you do have the option to gift others

3 Likes

No, its not allowed. Or that I know of its not. Maybe if you gift the pattern to others, but if its not a pattern made by you then its not allowed.

2 Likes

Oh, I think I expressed myself poorly. I mean something like: I can exchange the patterns in my shop for someone else’s pattern in their shop. So it’s like we exchange gifts!

7 Likes

I think that would be pretty cool!

2 Likes

Maybe it would be nice to have a function specifically for this, like a place to propose trades! So people would have to accept the exchange so they couldn’t be scammed

3 Likes

Someone did suggest this

Not sure if it would be the best idea because it could make it easier for pattern theft.

2 Likes

Oh, I think it might be okay. It depends on what @Ribblr thinks. I do agree with @artnium73 someone did suggest this as a feature, but it will make it easier for pattern theft. It would be a really cool feature though! It just depends, because that would really suck if that same person had just stolen your pattern and post it as their own. It really just depends.

3 Likes

Now that you say that this really could happen. Mann that sucks

4 Likes

Yeah, unfortantely that happens.

1 Like

Ribblr’s response in a similar recent thread

3 Likes

To the idea that designers should be able to trade patterns with each other, not all of us are designers and I can see non designer members not being happy with designers being able to do this while non designers have to pay for those same patterns.

It would be bad blood and bad feelings with a bad outcome

2 Likes