It's november

too true :joy::joy::joy::joy: lets celebrate that one time where thay one dude was like “ima commit arson and kill everyone”

4 Likes

i wouldnt go thay far! my family usually dony put our tree up till really late (like the 18th dec) to make it feel more special! then we get to keep it until like the 4th of January!

5 Likes

can someone please explain to me what thanksgiving is :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Growing up I had no idea it wasn’t a celebration of a man who was trying to take down a tryanical government :rofl: especially since a couple people still done “penny for the Guy” when I was young.

5 Likes

Ok! So Thanksgiving is the holiday for giving thanks for everything (hence the name, thanks-giving) and the Wampanoag Native American people shared their food with colonists who came over from England (who were having a hard time of it). That’s the super short explanation for the Thanksgiving in the US (in Canada it’s a different date than the one in the US, they give thanks too) but if you want to learn more just search up “History of Thanksgiving” on Google or your preferred search engine.
Anyone, if I got something wrong (and you probably know more about this than me :sweat_smile:) please feel free to correct me! I don’t know everything and definitely get things wrong sometimes!
Hope this helps @Frogfrog :relaxed:

5 Likes

thanks for the explanation!!

5 Likes

Of course!! Glad I could help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Haha, us too. We always our it’s up late. I think there was one time it wasn’t but a week before Christmas maybe.

4 Likes

I heard once, and then didn’t feel so bad about how long we left ours up after Christmas, Queen Elizabeth left her Christmas decorations up until her father’s birthday.

2 Likes

One year I was so tired I left the tree up and decorated it for Easter….

3 Likes

My brother had a girlfriend who’s mom purposefully left it up. For sure, I know she decorated it for Christmas, Halloween, and Easter. I’m not quite sure if she did the other holidays.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy: im assuming it was a plastic tree right?

4 Likes

Wow! Thats extensive! I wouldnt be able to enjoy the tree at Christmas if i did that tho

4 Likes

No, it was a Charlie Brown Easter tree. :wink:

3 Likes