Just created a new pattern!

I just created a new free pattern and would love people to try it out… It is a bucket hat. I am also making another one. Let me know if the pattern makes sense or if it is confusing.

11 Likes

Totally, it would be a great addition to my shop. I’ll let you know how it goes when I get a chance to work on it!

4 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

What are the sizes? I would love to make one for my daughter (6mo but has a head the size of a 1yr old)

5 Likes

The description just says small medium large so I’m assuming it is adult sizing

4 Likes

I’m making lots of hats right now, and would love to give it a try!

5 Likes

@SierraCrochets07 im a twelve year old so a youth sizing. When you are increasing the top just make sure it fits Over the top of your head.

5 Likes

@OBabyNMore when you are increasing do as many rounds as it takes to have the top fit around your babies head. Just the top of the head.

6 Likes

OMG I have to make one now!!!

6 Likes

Good to know! I wear youth sizing!

4 Likes

@SierraCrochets07 Perfect!

5 Likes

Ok thanks, just a suggestion you may want to add approx head circumferences to your sizes (like small is 18"; med is 19"; large is 20" (or whatever it is supposed to be, I just made those up)

6 Likes

Okay thanks!

4 Likes

@OBabyNMore I just did what the measurements are. Can you tell me if they look good? Thanks! :+1:t3:

4 Likes

So looking at the pattern, it looks iike you meant the diameter is 5½-6" (not the circumference)… Also since you don’t have multiple sizes in the actual pattern, I would suggest changing the sizes available to only include: fits 17-19" head
Cute pattern, and I’ll try to work one up this week with notes in my journal for it :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks

4 Likes

Yes, make it easy for the person who wants to buy your hat.

5 Likes

Here is the link!!!

5 Likes

I am WAY later than I wanted to be on testing this out for you, but none of the yarn I tried seemed to work well… But I found this yarn at Dollar tree of all places and it seems to be exactly what I needed!

So here’s what I did…
Yarn: Premier Just Cotton in Turquoise Marl (104yd/skein)~ used exactly 1 skein

Hook: 5.00mm/H/8 Furls Odyssey

My gauge was 17sts x 16 rnds = 4"

I did the top as written, (it’ll be just barely loose on her 17¾" head, just as I want for a summer sun blocker on walks). I omitted 2 rounds on the sides so it isn’t too long (she’s only 9 months). I added 1 round to the brim (doing 13 sts between increase) to ensure a good sun block.
I don’t have modeled pic as she’s napping, but I did keep trying it on as I made it so I know it fits as I wanted.

5 Likes

Thank you so much!!! It looks amazing! I’m sure your 9 month old baby was sure glad you let her nap! I’m glad you didn’t have many problems, other than the yarn.! Thanks again!

6 Likes