Just finished some new plush!

I’m actually prepping for a Christmas market and making everything in bulk. Here’s some of my last amigurumi

11 Likes

I love amigurumi but just find it too noodley with my arthritis but marvel at folks with the patience and dextery to create such adorable cuteness. I’m sure they’ll all find new homes in no time.

7 Likes

Thank you so much!
They’re indeed rough on the wrist to make as you need tight stitches. It might be easier for someone with arthritis to go with bigger yarn and hook ?

4 Likes

They’re adorable! :blush:

4 Likes

Ohhh, thanks so much for that suggestion. I’ve never thought of sizing up the hook or yarn to make it easier. I think I just had it stuck in my head that amigurumi are small or even tiny. It’s strange how we create our own misconceptions. :joy:

6 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

The thing with amigurumi is that you always want your hook a size smaller than the recommended hook size for the yarn you’re using. That way you can keep the stitches tight :slight_smile:
Hope this will help you make the jump to amigurumi, they’re reallt fun to do :heart:

5 Likes

Those are really cute plushies!!!

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

I love your creations. I too enjoy amigurumi. I have only once made them true to size. Most of the time I am using a chunky yarn and a size K hook. The yarn is super soft and glued through my older fingers. Give it a go. Any ami pattern can have the yarn and hook to your liking. The pattern remains exactly the same only the brain becomes larger. The best of luck to you.

4 Likes