Just girl things

What’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever done for a dude’s attention and now you look back and think, “What the heck was I thinking?!”

6 Likes

When I was in the 7th grade, there was this dude I really liked and I told myself one day that I was gonna look as good as I could be to get his attention. We were friends but not like really close. Everybody wanted us to go out and he even asked me to be his fair date (which I declined bc at the time I didn’t like him and I wasn’t going to the fair anyway). I was under the impression that he liked me a little bit but he didn’t, he liked my friend (who I was trying to set him up with even though I liked him). So I got myself all dolled up the best I could and I ended up breaking the school dress code wearing a headband (which I knew wasn’t allowed). I was so embarrassed and felt so stupid that I started crying in the office in front of the assistant principal and front desk lady. I told myself I would never like anyone I go to school with anymore and so far, I haven’t (thank you one direction and kpop idols :pray:t4:)

8 Likes

Do you go to a private school? I have never heard of a no headband rule!

8 Likes

Nope! I go to public school. I think some girl tried to choke another girl with her head band or something so they got banned.

7 Likes

Oh :flushed:

7 Likes

Yeahhhhhh…that’s my school life for ya :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

When I was in the 7th grade there was a guy that I really liked. I wanted to get his attention. I went to school wearing makeup which is not allowed. I ended up crying in the principal’s office, and she told my mom. i got grounded for one week. :slightly_smiling_face:
i felt so stupid. :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Oh gosh, did you end up with running makeup bc of crying??? You poor thing.

6 Likes

Yeah, I looked terrible. :smiling_face_with_tear:

6 Likes

I have a number of dumb things I’ll refrain from sharing. :flushed:

9 Likes

So this was a guy telling me he liked me in the 5th grade, not me doing something stupid… him, me, my best friend and his best friend were all in a group for a project in school and he literally flat out told me he liked me, I thought that was nice he felt he could tell me, but a reel that included kissing him, dancing with him, and then a wedding went through my head really quickly and I said, and I quote, ‘I would NEVER marry YOU!’ I remember exactly the tone and everything I said it in! I regretted saying it from the moment I said it. I probably broke the poor kid’s heart. I tried apologizing afterwards, and the day after, when I told my mom. He always avoided me and looked down in the hallways, and I HAVE NOT SEEN A TRACE OF HIM FOR THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS. And my best friend was dating his best friend for the longest time! I was thinking, bro, this totally could’ve been a double-date thing! (They’ve broken up now, after several months of being together, but hey, that’s life.) And I wonder where the poor dude has gone, maybe transferred schools to start fresh​:pleading_face: I think about that a lot and regret it sooooo much… so that’s MY embarrassing story, maybe one you’ve never heard before :joy::roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Definitely never heard that before. I hope he’s okay.

7 Likes

I agree! :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

I do too! @Kenshae :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

4 Likes