Kinda need some not art related advice

I feel kinda stupid asking this here but this community is just very nice

I’m kinda wondering if anyone has any advice on how to deal with heartbreak? I’m not really sure how to

Or just tips in general? Anything is appreciated :purple_heart:

13 Likes

I’m sorry that you’re in a spot where you’re having to deal with this. Time helps, but I’ve often found that having a creative outlet can help pass time and be very therapeutic. Fibre arts, painting, things that allow you to let your feelings out in a way that all of that negativity can give you something beautiful at the end.

Huge internet hugs if you want them. :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you :heart:

5 Likes

Doing stuff helps. Working out helped me through some heart break. Cleaning your space might help. But like Eastcoatfibres said, It takes time and art helps. Sometimes something cathartic helps, like making a collage of the loved one or even deleting the phone number/pictures if its a breakup.

hugs

6 Likes

Honestly i’m to young and i haven’t dealt with a lot of heart break, but as you said this community is nice and i just want to let you know that we are all here for you. And i’m really sorry that you have to go through that. And i don’t have to know you to know that you are incredible and kind and beautiful. You don’t deserve that kind of people in your life.
All my love :heart::heart::heart:

8 Likes

Hello!
I am so sorry that you feel this way. I have been in your spot too and it really hurts. What i did was more on the not moving style. I couldn’t. I was laying in bed, crying and listening to music or watching youtube or anything to get my mind off for a long time. I couldn’t even play my favourite game which used to relax me. I recommend doing what you feel to do at the moment (unless it’s something really bad like sui. Or cu. Yourself). You can just run, scream, play, do sport, crochet/knit etc or just stay in bed.
At some point i just got up, called some friends to play and distracted myself the best ways i knew.
Good luck with everything and i believe in you!

tight hugs :heart:

6 Likes

Thanks everyone, that’s all really really really sweet :heart: for now I’ve mostly been trying to distract myself a bit and a friend came over with snacks and games :heart: (and a cute plushy :pleading_face:)

8 Likes

Omg that’s adorable! Have fun! :heart::heart:

5 Likes

Cry if you need to. It’s therapeutic and helps the healing process. Well done for being brave enough to ask for help. Sometimes its the hardest step to take xx

8 Likes

Omg Kim, sorry I didn’t know :slightly_frowning_face:
Time for sure… I would also say doing new stuff, and hang out with friends a lot can help (maybe have a trip with them?)
And cry a lot at first (the pain has to go :frowning: )
Something that helped me one time is writing down all of my pain, like if I was talking to the person
I’m here if you want to talk :two_hearts:

6 Likes

That’s really sweet :heart: we kinda talked it over again and probably gonna give it another chance, it just got very very complicated :slightly_frowning_face:
I still really appreciate everything everyone has said here :purple_heart: I really was such a mess the past few days and it did help :heart:

7 Likes

How are you now, Kim…?
Apologize for I just read about it…
Hope you’re feeling better… :hugs::two_hearts:

4 Likes

It’s going kinda okay now, still kinda stressy but mostly very exhausted, also feeling relieved though, but just went through such a rollercoaster of emotions and I’m really not used to it (any kind of intense emotion tbh), I just needs a lot of calm and rest I think

Thank you :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Glad you’re okay…

It’s hard, indeed, also exhausting… Just take it easy…
You’ll be just fine, Kim…
:hugs::two_hearts:

5 Likes