Kitchen Projects

Do you prefer to knit or crochet for handmade wash/dishcloths, pot holders, hand/tea towels, and other kitchen projects? Does the thickness of the finished piece make a difference?

Is there a an actual ‘best practice’ or does it come down to personal preference?

4 Likes

Great questions…. I think cotton is the goto for me for things like dish rags and tea towels. Then there’s sooo many options for deco and floor mats & baskets. I am inclined to crochet with thick cotton because I have arthritis in my hands, but for larger projects like table cloths and curtains, I suspect knitting is faster. I have seen awesome examples of both crochet and knitting patterns for the kitchen… ultimately it’s probably a combination of preference & practicality.

4 Likes

Yes same! :smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think it’s a personal preference, I like crochet as am not knitting person.

But have a 2 choices for both will give more valuable for a project. Sometimes I found a nice lovely project or pattern and want to try it out figure out its for knitting so try to find something else similar for crochet.

Yes exactly, just recently tried to make washcloth and dishcloth, cotton is the greatest choice for these kind of projects. Easy to use and fast to dry not harmful for body. :green_heart:

3 Likes