Language Learning Tips?

Does anyone here have any language learning tips? I feel like I haven’t learned much lately because apps can only do so much and no one in my community speaks the language. I would really appreciate any tips y’all have. The language in question is Japanese by the way. I can hold a basic conversation, but I want to become more fluent you know?

15 Likes

I use Duolingo for it and I use YouTube also but tips I have is jus repeating the words to yourself or write it over and over then idk if that helps :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I’ll try repeating some stuff to myself. i follow some channels that help, but they get lost in the sea of youtube shorts lol

6 Likes

Lol yea Im using YouTube for asl it’s going ok ig lmao

4 Likes

oooh i tried to learn asl a couple times! i can only really spell though lol

4 Likes

Lol I only know the basic and then sum

4 Likes

still better than nothing lol

4 Likes

Lol yea

4 Likes

i got myself a pen pal who knows japanese! global penfriends is wonderful for that

now my penpal is german BUT he did live in japan for a while and is fluent, skfnsjf

but im learning slowly! kōun o!

4 Likes

i love that site, it’s where i met my penpal! she’s from china and says she recognizes some of the kanji lol. it’s such a great place to make friends

4 Likes

Real life classes have worked much better for me.

4 Likes

i will try to look into those. my local college doesn’t offer any courses in my language of choice, sadly

4 Likes

You could also try something else. Spanish is really fun.

4 Likes

sorry i am learning latin

4 Likes

duolingoooo loll

3 Likes

Use flashcards and talk to someone and ask them smt in what language your doing <3 Hope this helps :>

3 Likes

I have tried learning spanish. but it’s just not for me

1 Like

oh good luck, that must be difficult

1 Like

I’ll try to find another speaker, but it’s not really a common language here

1 Like

I’m learning Japanese also :smiley:
My tip is to write down the words and sentences on paper. For some reason it helps me to remember vocab more. I used to type out words and sentences but I could never memorise them.

3 Likes