Language Learning.

Lol. Might as well be​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Recently started learning Sweden, I’d love to move there!

5 Likes

Found this post! I use Duolingo and a ton of other apps. I’m learning Japanese, but I quit learning Spanish.

2 Likes

I tried learning Spanish because I have to take it as a high school credit next year but I stopped :joy: I’ve learned a bit of Japanese but since then I’ve been learning Greek.

2 Likes

Do you want to join a group chat I made on ribblr with another Japanese learner? I figured we could help each other study!

2 Likes

That sounds great! I would love too.

2 Likes

I use Duolingo! my first language is English and I’m learning Dutch! I know some French and a teeny bit of German too :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Native: English
Learning Japanese

I have had duolingo for a long time, but I never quite could pick up on Japanese with it. I did spanish for a long while on there.

right now I am doing Japanese through WaniKani and the app renshuu. I also Have a Japanese from Zero book I had bought a while back. and supplementing it with Disney songs in Japanese on spotify and various youtube videos and cartoons.

3 Likes

I am threatened daily by duolingo too! :smiley: (jk)

Native: English :uk:/:us_outlying_islands:
Learning: French :fr:

4 Likes

I’ve got a 152 day streak and I’m terrified to lose it :sob:

2 Likes

I had a streak for over a year and I lost it :sob: I just got 50 days but it’s sad :frowning:

2 Likes

Wow! Did you learn a lot in that year? I feel like Duolingo is pretty repetitive and I haven’t learned any conversational Japanese. Luckily since I live in Japan my friends are able to teach me what I can’t learn in textbooks.

3 Likes

I picked up Duolingo because I have no one to speak to in Japanese and noticed I was forgetting it.

Book or ap isn’t going to teach you conversation Japanese. They’re going to teach you formal or business japanese. It’s largely due to how the language and culture interact that if you don’t have both halves it won’t be right. But no one’s going to be offended if you’re just super formal/respectful. That said if you know the formal speech you should be able to understand conversation speech too but your reply will likely be formal.

If you want to learn conversation, you’ll want to join something where you chat with real people. An MMO (can be hard, last time I played one was pso2 and I had to sign up with a jp phone# & address) or app like LINE would help.

Learning from anime/movies/songs can teach you some weird things. :joy:

3 Likes