Learning a new language

I’ve started learning Spanish recently and let me tell you…I love it. The culture is AMAZING! I love learning about different cultures because it’s so interesting. If you’ve read my bio, you know I love kpop. I can remember when I started learning about Korean culture. I was so scared I was going to be called a “koreaboo” or something. And because I’m African-American, I was scared people were going to start saying I was ashamed of my culture and trying to re-brand as Korean. Of course, they did. My sister literally calls me “Korean Kelsey.” But honestly, I don’t care anymore. But, after failing trying to learn the language I decided to start with something easier and so far it’s been great. I guess this post is for anyone who wants to start learning a new language but haven’t yet. THIS IS YOUR SIGN!! GO FOR IT!!

14 Likes

I’m required to learn Spanish lol I have caught on relatively quickly though

6 Likes

I’m actually Mexican and Italian and love both languages! That’s so cool you’re learning, we should chat on here in Spanish some time. :blush:What’s K-Pop? I love Chinese culture but haven’t heard of it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do love Manga and Kaomoji though! :joy:
:tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom:
:cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom:
Λ:tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip:
( ˘ ᵕ ˘:tulip::cherry_blossom::tulip:
ヽ つ\ /
UU / :ribbon: \

7 Likes

wow, you are literally the first person i’ve seen who doesn’t know what kpop is. well, it korean music. they are many different genres and groups/soloist you can check out. if you’re curious, i recommend TWICE’s fancy, Red Velvet’s psycho, or ENHYPEN’s given-taken.

6 Likes

Cool! Yeah, I’ve never heard of it :shushing_face: but sounds awesome—I’ll have to check those out :blush::notes:

6 Likes

your desire to learn different languages is so awesome. I took a year of ASL (American Sign Language). I enjoyed it. I’m very rusty and need to brush up on it tho.

6 Likes

I want to learn asl

8 Likes

check you local community college to see if they offer classes.

7 Likes

I am under 18 so I don’t know if I can do that

8 Likes

i took it as continuing education non credit class. they usually offer all kinds of non credit classes, like cooking, computer courses, and ASL, etc. Call their continuing education office and ask. can’t hurt to ask :).

8 Likes

I’m an ASL interpreter and I highly encourage you to learn! Sometimes local community centers or Deaf centers offer classes for all ages and usually have a cheaper rate than if you take the class through a college. Even just learning some basics and then going to a Deaf Social event can give you a ton of practice and the Deaf community is always happy to talk with people learning and help them along the way :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ok! Thank you so much!!

6 Likes

when i was in kindergarten, there was a book fair. I was the kind of kid that wanted to learn about everything so while everyone else was getting dork dairies and dairy of a wimpy kid, my little self picked up a ASL alphabet book and my mom got it for me. I learned everything but that was almost 10 years ago. My point is it was very fun and its something i want to get back into.

6 Likes

I know some asl alphabet wise along with thank you

6 Likes

ok spanish is a really easy language because im half mexican half brazilian if you need help i can wait im not mexican my adopted parents are but those that make me mexican or… bute yea si nesecitas alluda con el espanol y te alludo que es muy facil.

5 Likes

okay i’ll let you know if i do!

6 Likes

Hii its great you are learning spanish. I’m New here too and im learning English, my native language is Spanish. :blush:but live in Italy . Write me or we can chat , my ig is @lutepy

6 Likes

Me too…thought KPop must be one of those anime cartoons my Boyz watch…

4 Likes

no not really kpop is music. have you heard the song dinamite by bts ? if yes then you have heard k pop music

5 Likes

Have fun and enjoy your journey!

4 Likes