Leg warmers

I have some sock yarn I think, it’s fingering weight that I want to make leg warmers out of. Most patterns I see are #4 worsted weight.
Any suggestions?

6 Likes

Leg warmers are essentially a tube with ribbing at the top and bottom. You can work them flat or in the round.
Figure out what stitch you would like them to be, measure your gauge and multiply by how big around the widest part of your calf is plus about an inch for ease.
Barring that, find a long sock pattern you like and work it top down and stop before the feet.

5 Likes

I have some boot cuffs that could be adapted. Gifted you the pattern.

5 Likes

Just a couple general thoughts…
Most patterns are for worsted because it will be warmer, so keep that in mind when using fingering/sock…
I agree with Tiphani about finding a stitch pattern you like (I think the alpine stitch could give a nice look and add warmth if you are wanting more warmth) and creating a tube with ribbing on top and bottom would be a great start (although personally I’d probably do exact circumference, including increasing or decreasing for difference between full calf and ankle)…
I see you were also gifted an option, so maybe this is a completely moot point now :wink:

3 Likes

Flower Pot Thank You GIF by Hello All

Aw Marilyn, so sweet of you. :heart::heart:

4 Likes

Good suggestions, thanks!

4 Likes

Just an option though. No idea if it’s what she’s looking for. Might help.

4 Likes

Hey! I’m going to try your pattern first​:wink:

4 Likes

I was thinking I wanted an arm warmer. (hot flashes but winter weather … ) This would work for that too.

4 Likes