Let’s play a game!

Tell the story behind your user name in Ribblr!

23 Likes

mines just because i like frogs and just frog was taken :joy:

21 Likes

I was just trying to come up with a name and thought ArtsAndNaps was cute and sounded a lot like Arts and Crafts :rofl:

18 Likes

Mine is my username for pretty much everything… My first name, first two letters of my last name, and my work ID number from about 13 years ago​:joy::joy:.

18 Likes

Mine’s pretty easy. :joy: I live in Texas and I love the purl stitch!

@anoswaldoddity What’s the story behind yours?

19 Likes

Well, I’m glad you asked. Oswald for Oswald Chambers, a Scottish Missionary. After he died his wife put together all his writings into a book “My Utmost for His Highest”. It’s a deep read.

Then oddity, because I was born odd, was odd as a kid, definitely as a teenager and I’m still odd but I’m comfortable with it.

Ain’t nobody got a user name like mine. :wink:

21 Likes

I used to have the username sarahdointhangs for a lot of my accounts and when I decided to keep the format for all my crafts!

18 Likes

We have a guest room with all my antique furniture and craft/hobby tools and supplies in it. It has all the old fashioned decor that my husband doesn’t care for and calls “grandma this”, and “granny that” so the room gets referred to my “granny room” and things I do in there are my “granny room crafts”

17 Likes

Mine is my characters name on ffxiv :woman_shrugging: Im awful at thinking of usernames so I use it for just about everything now.

15 Likes

Mine was originally my name + bug (a nickname) but I shortened it because online safety so now it’s just CBug. The 135 I just thought sounded cool

16 Likes

I just used a nickname + what I do lol

14 Likes

bri from Brigitta my first name
ko from Komives my last name
ba from Barabas my last name :smiling_face:

16 Likes

I love this thread. Thanks for asking. I used to be HookedOnCotton, because of crochet hooks and “hooked on phonics” and I love the feel of cotton yarn.
I left facebook and instagram for a couple years and only got back on because of my @Letodolls makes to sell. So, I had to change my facebook page to “Hooked By Marilyn”. (that’s me). I made the intagram match it and just recently changed it here also, so they are all the same again.

15 Likes

I wanted to use a play on the nickname we use for my son online (O) and Oh Baby! But I was afraid that people would think I only made or designed baby things, which wasn’t even close to accurate, since he was 6 when I started designing and trying to sell my makes… So I added the ~N~ More to represent more than baby… Of course when I started using that, some people thought it was me announcing another pregnancy :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t3: which of course didn’t happen for another 5 years! Haha

11 Likes

I am glad for this explanation. I always divided the letters in anoswaldoddity differently.

Instead of an oswald oddity
I would think anos waldod dity or anos waldo ddity or something like that, that didn’t flow. Now I know!

13 Likes

I love books and I sometimes want to be a yarn and bookish goblin queen who has a hot mysterious face gf…

11 Likes

I chose this name for creative juices to be not just inclusive but for all space and time. To shine bright.

12 Likes

Whale is my high school nickname :purple_heart:

13 Likes

When I first got on line I used my favorite pet ferret’s name. Later I realized there were literally 10’s of 1000s of Venus’ out there and so my family and friends could find me easier on social media I added part of my Church’s initials to differentiate my name for them. I don’t use social media anymore (so much drama), just here, and my blog, which I will be adding pictures of my son’s Alpaca Farm Days week-end photos of tomorrow. www.ldsvenus-knits.com you’ll probably have to copy and paste.

11 Likes

What a great story!

6 Likes