Lets chat about our yarn WIPs and alterations!

Happy Sunday vibes everyone! I hope you’re all having wonderful days today.
Today I’d love for all of us to chat about our yarn WIP’s!
Crochet, knitted, doesn’t matter! Anything that involves that beautiful yarn stash of yours!
For me, I just started my first amigurumi! I started following a pattern and decided that I wanted to make it a bit bigger, so I swapped out most of the SC’s for HDC’s and added a row here or there as needed.
I just completed my Teddy’s head and I am so excited! I even stuffed it with special stuffing from something I made for a special occasion years ago, so this Teddy is not only my first amigurumi, but also a special teddy just for me! (complete with tiny pink paper heart with todays creation date on it inside the head) I can’t wait to post completed photos of him! He is currently 35% complete, and I am taking a break for an hour or two. There are current progress photos in my journal.
That’s my WIP and Alterations for the day, how about you?!
Whats your WIP, or favorite project that you altered for yourself?

Studying Hand-Made GIF by Philippa Rice

14 Likes

i’m currently testing the boho chevron top for @ribblr-premium! my progress is documented in my journal!

10 Likes

Ooou I just went and checked it out and I absolutely adore the colours you chose! It’s going to be so pretty!

9 Likes

thank you so much!

7 Likes

You’re super duper welcome! :smile:

6 Likes

I am currently working on redoing a cardigan I made a while back. Working on my first knit socks first one almost done. I also am working on a unicorn. And a scrap yarn blanket. I just finished a bunch of stuff and it feels so weird to not have more going on.:yarn::blush::grin:

6 Likes

Ooou congrats on working up that scrap yarn and project list! Super cool.
Are you following any patterns or just whipping them up?
I’m actually thinking about picking up the cropped cardigan I made recently and adding some ribbing to it for a little more structure. It just needs something a little extra around its edges I think.
Also, super curious, what scrap colours are you working up? I just adore the texture of scrap blankets and the colours are always so mixed up and cool looking!

5 Likes

I am working on a hexagon jacket. Folowing the basic beginnings but adding my own touches. Bell sleeves with scallop edges. Hood attached and I think I am going to scallop edge the entire jacket. Adding special pockets to commemorate the design.

Also working on a different version of the hexagon jacket using the Solomon Knot. More challenging. Hope I don’t regret starting this one

6 Likes

That sounds super cool!
Love to hear about people making patterns different in their own ways, I also hadn’t seen the Solomon Knot in crochet yet, I looked it up and that is a super beautiful stitch. That might be one of my new top favorite mesh stitches!

Goodluck on your more challenging WIP, I’m sure you’re gonna do great!! :smile:

6 Likes

They both sound super cool. Also pockets​:grin:. You should send a pic when done would love to see how it comes out.!

6 Likes

Almost done with the first one @DuckLiveCraft. Definitely will post when done. Might need help with deciding which sleeve goes best. Still in the thinking stage

6 Likes

For the cardigan I am winging it just using mesuments from a hoodie I like. I might make a pattern for it sense I am righting down the notes. I am doing the happy scraps cal blanket and only a few rows into it right now but I have planned a few(insert photo)

6 Likes

Oh my gosh it looks awesome already! And that multicolour yarn is to die for, I want to make a teddy out of a similar yarn colour scheme. Self striping yarn with lots of colours just looks so good in my opinion. It’s an addiction haha.
Hope to see more of it when it’s further along!

5 Likes

Yay I will have to post about it​:relaxed:

5 Likes

Looking Forward To It Season 6 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

5 Likes

I modify patterns when the directions don’t make sense . Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

5 Likes

Yep. Lots of frogging sometimes & starting over :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

Absolutely! Sometimes you just gotta wing it. Sometimes our wings have frog legs. Ribbit.

Laugh Out Loud Laughing GIF by Aurora Consulting

3 Likes

Kirsten Dunst Lol GIF

3 Likes

I’ve been working on Ubuntu. Almost finished!

5 Likes