Little story from class 😅

So I take a theater class at my dance studio, and it just started last week. But we already have an assignment. We have to write a rap to have a rap battle about why the plot line is more important than the characters in a play. I was kind of already confused about this whole entire topic. Luckily we were working in teams and my teammate was able to write a good rap. Also things like this give me anxiety, and I am nervous to preform it next week. (I also don’t listen to rap music, and most certainly don’t know how to rap :melting_face:)

13 Likes

Good luck with your assignment/performance

There are a few pop songs that have rap in them, and it’s not that bad. I don’t really like rap, but some raps are really good when done well

Here is my favourite singer Guy Sebastian. I have loved his music since I was 6.

Here is one of his songs called ‘Battle Scars’ which has a little rap in it
Official music video

Virtual Performance video from Guy’s home (just him singing)

His music is amazing if you ever get around to listening to some of his other songs

My very first favourite song was ‘Like it like that’ which I heard on the radio in 2012 when I was 6 and in Prep (the grade before grade 1 and after kindergarten/preschool)

Official video

8 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m hoping it goes good. I will listen to your song recs in the morning because it’s like 1:30 am here :yawning_face:

8 Likes

Oh sorry. Have a good sleep

8 Likes

I like some rap, like Lecrae, DC Talk, and Toby Mac.

8 Likes

No you’re good! Haha still up! My bad for posting so late in my time zone!

8 Likes

Lots of good luck for the rap

8 Likes

Aww good luck with your performance! prayers for your anxiety
(Yay for team project and having a teammate that was confident in the assignment)

7 Likes

Girl y’all is finna eat that up. Don’t be nervous. Let us know how it goes thou! :+1:t4:

7 Likes

Update: teammate did rap solo (slayyy) I was a background dancer (one of the most awkward things I have ever done) but I’m trying to get less shy in the process
Proud Self Five GIF by Zara Larsson

9 Likes

Yay! Great job

8 Likes

Good job! We’re all so proud! If you think about it, getting out of your shell will help you in the long-run. Especially since your going to Japan soon.

8 Likes

Good Job. Hope you all had lots of fun

6 Likes

Yay! Congrats!! At least you didn’t have to do the rapping :wink:

5 Likes

J slayed

4 Likes