Living Dangerously šŸ˜Ž

I donā€™t know about you all, but I am ALWAYS losing (no, conveniently MISPLACING) my stitch markers, knitting needles and crochet hooks.
Iā€™ll see a pattern I want to start and have to search around the house until I finally find a crochet hookā€”three sizes TOO SMALL! :scream:

I also have the bad habit of knitting on the couch, standing up and setting my work down in my seat so when I sit back down, the needles stab me and I cry out like a howler monkeyā€”and the worst part is, I use METAL needles! :dizzy_face::sweat_smile:

As for stitch markers, I gave up trying to find them a long time ago and simply resort to tying a small piece of differently-coloured yarn onto my project.

All of the above scenarios generally end with me going to the corner of my room to sit in my stash and have a good cry :joy:

So what Iā€™m basically wondering; Am I the only one with this problem? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Iā€™d love to hear about your yarn misadventures in the comments!

11 Likes

Well s#%~ , that doesnā€™t sound relaxing at all!

6 Likes

:joy::sweat_smile: Youā€™d be surprised how rewarding it is on the rare occasion when I actually find a hook :rofl:

7 Likes

Golly, my mind draws a blank right now @EllationsCreations :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

I donā€™t usually use stitch markers, but the one time I did I put them on as earrings so I didnā€™t lose themā€¦

8 Likes

Interesting

6 Likes

@Islaways_crochets
That is hilarious! And then someone else in response to your statement stars ā€œInterestingā€ which made it even funnier!

8 Likes

It is :joy: I use anything and everything as a stitch marker weather it is plastic locking markers,Bobby pins, paper clips, scrap yarn etcā€¦ I couldnā€™t imagine using any of those as earrings :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I bought a bunch of stitch markers but end up using thread as marker instead every time, and I got this storages box thingy to keep all my crochet stuff in one place, however just noticed there are only 2 stitch markers left :joy: from like 50?? No clue where they disappeared to

Stitch markers are awesome for WIPs though, just put a stitch marker through the loop thatā€™s in the hook and it stops it from unraveling

7 Likes

They disappear :sob:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a clever trick, fellow Ohioan! :joy:

5 Likes

With you on the scrap yarn and paper clips, Sierra! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I know, itā€™s so painful when you splurge on 100 stitch markers (like I have) and then the weirdest things happen to make them disappearā€” for me, the VERY DAY I had purchased a bunch from Joanne Fabrics, I was carrying the little box of them up to my room, I tripped, and they flew to all corners of my bedroom floor!
It took me ages on hands and knees trying to find them all. :sob::scream: and the worst part is, to this day I still find the occasional straggler! :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I usually use scrap yarn as an informal stitch marker (i do not put those in as earrings lol) but the mini plastic ones I got for free once are what I used. they looked like earrings because they were bright colors and they were functional!

8 Likes

Oh! I still couldnā€™t use those as earrings :joy: my ears are really sensitive :joy:

7 Likes

These lobster clasps are my favorite stitch markers. Easy for me to use one handed. They donā€™t break like the plastic ones. Plus I can add a different color yarn to the end to mark a different spot. I like the larger ones like these better myself. (7mm x 12mm) Gifted the smaller ones to my daughter. Younger eyes. Hooks? I just bought two more E hooks after losing mine for half an hour!

9 Likes

Yes! @HookedByMarilyn
I like those the best! Easy to do one handed, are heavier-they donā€™t disappear as easy.

6 Likes

I use a piece of yarn!! Although thats cuz I just donā€™t have stitch markers xd
I lay the yarn over the stitch I will crochet over for the first stitch of the next round, and I like to leave it there if its long and its pretty cool and a nice way to find the rows lol

7 Likes

in knitting I use little cute things put on the lobster claws as progress keeper so on those long projects you can actually see you have made some progress :joy:. (iā€™ll stick a picture in later)

8 Likes