Looking for good stuff!

Hello! I’m looking for some good crochet hook, stitch markers, yarns, etc. I’m also looking for ways to use a large amount of yarn quickly… I’m talking 2 full totes of yarn. Thanks!

Edit: any tips would also be great!

10 Likes

Clothing and especially scarfs are easy and use a shit ton of yarn, and honestly I just use whatever is cheap on Amazon for hooks and stitch markers lol

3 Likes

I personally can’t order stuff… sadly.

2 Likes

Hobby lobby then!

3 Likes

Alr, I do only have a Joann’s in my area so I’ll look there!

2 Likes

Yeah! Really any craft store, I don’t think the particular hooks and stitch markers are all that important so just whatever is cheap is what I do!

2 Likes

Joann’s should have a good crochet hook selection.

If you accidentally get one that’s too large for your yarn, you can always double (or even triple) the strands you’re using (this would probably work well for a blanket, and it would be extra warm!)

Granny squares use up a lot of yarn, so you could make a bunch and turn them into blankets or bags.

Edit: I forgot to mention earlier - I don’t use stitch markers (I actually just got my first ones in a crochet kit). I’ve always used scraps of yarn.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I love the clover hooks from Joanns!!! They have a nice thicker grip on them. And I also second making blankets and sweaters/cardigans to use up your stash!!

1 Like

Like multicolored blankets?

1 Like

Yasss just put a bunch together that could be neat!

1 Like

Thank you!

Micheals, hobby lobby, joannes, any craft store. Beanies, scarves. Blankets. load of granny squares.

1 Like

I don’t like granny square :sob: Ik they use a ton of yarn but like… for me… just no…- I would do like a multi colored blanket or scarf but not all my yarn is the same size.

1 Like

Use the same hook size

1 Like