Looking for Testers Sizes M-3XL for Set of Summer Sweater and Shorts!!

Testers needed for the Mongolfiera Set :balloon:

Dear knitting friends, I have prepared a pattern for a summer set of cropped sweater and shorts and would am still looking for testers sizes M-3XL.

For reference:
To fit bust circumference in cm: 94, 104, 114, 124, 134, width of sweater in cm: 46, 52, 60, 66, 72.
To fit bottom circumference in cm: 98, 108, 118, 128, 138, circumference of shorts around bottom in cm: 105, 115, 125, 138, 148.
Both pieces are designed with a positive ease of about 6% to ensure comfort fit.

Here is what you’ll need:

• gauge: 24 stitches = 10cm (4")
  • 3.5mm/US 4 circular needles (40-60cm); DP needles or magic loop for sleeves (I also used 2.5mm for the sleeve ribbing)
  • 300-400g of light weight yarn for sweater, 200-300g for shorts
    (I used Nepal by @pascuali_filati_naturali but any yarn to meet gauge is fine)
  • stitch markers and tapestry needle

How it’s worked:

• body of sweater and legs of shorts are worked flat
  • sleeves in round, bottom-up
  • waistband of shorts in the round
  • lace detail on back of sweater and on the legs

Skills: (will gladly walk you through whatever you are having trouble with)

• tubular cast-on and bind-off (will include videos)
  • seaming body of sweater, attaching sleeves; seaming legs of shorts
  • picking up stitches for collar

I am proposing a timeframe of 10 weeks to complete the test. You can do either one of the pieces or both of them.

Comment on this post or message me if interested, I’m so excited to get this pattern out! :slight_smile:

![IMG_20210501_201459_775|500x500](upload://ke5gIvIjN2aroszWPaSMWjbXjg9.jpeg

11 Likes

I’m interested in testing this pattern. Thank you!

1 Like

I would love to try this!!

2 Likes

Hi, I really don’t know if it’s late for me to apply but I would be glad to test this amazing set in size M. I’m not super advanced in knitting and I am more of a beginner intermediate (most of my projects are sweaters and cardigans ) and it would give me great pleasure to make this my first knitting pattern test (I’ve tested a lot of crochet patterns, so I’m giving crochet a break and focusing on knitting for now)

2 Likes

Amazing!! I’ll send you the pattern right away :slight_smile: do I find you on Instagram?

1 Like

omg yes, thank you so much. You can send me your instagram. I will contact you if I have any issues understanding the pattern.

2 Likes

Hi, I have sent you a message a few days back asking which size you’d make - let me know if you’re still interested! :slight_smile:

1 Like