Lost Pattern

Do you keep backlogs of patterns? I just finished added 36 rows to a pattern, saved it, and came back and it hadn’t saved. I was supposed to have this pattern completed by tomorrow for testing. Is it possible its hiding somewhere in the server?

1 Like

Hi
First of all, sorry for the inconvenience.
We are investigating this and need some more information:

1. What’s the name of the pattern?
  2. Which device and browser does you use?
  3. Do you recall what part of the pattern you were trying to add? (or even row/round numbers)
  4. Did you see an alert that your connection was lost?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello,

1. We Found Wonderland
  2. iPad Pro 12.9 inch, 1st gen / Chrome browser, latest version
  3. I had edited row 11, and added rows 12-36.
  4. I didn’t see an alert that my connection was lost, but with my iPad its always a possibility.

Thank you.

2 Likes

I was able to reconstruct my pattern visually and write it all out, so I’m going to update it now. Don’t stress too hard about finding the lost info. I’ve got it all written down now. But I appreciate the quick response. Thank you!

2 Likes

That’s great news!

The system is designed to minimize potential data loss by saving automatically every few seconds and also by alerting you if the connection was lost. In those cases, your data will be saved automatically next time you are online, as long as you keep your pattern open of course.

But we still want to get to the bottom of this - to check if this is an issue on our end that we are unaware of or if it isn’t - to try and prevent this from happening to others.

I can see that the pattern contained information up until row 12 of the ‘hat’ section. I assume this is the part you’ve had issues with. When you exited the pattern after editing - do you recall if this was by clicking the exit button and if so - did it take you to your shop?
Secondly, whilst you were editing was there any issues with the iPad or chrome itself? (restart or refresh, for example)

Thanks again!

1 Like

I was on my iPad, and it locked after inactivity while I was working on the physical stitching, and I unlocked it, left the browser (just switched apps) to check email, and came back, and it was on the login page. When I logged in, everything past row 12 was gone.

2 Likes

That’s really valuable information. Thank you!

1 Like