Low karma points

Hi! So when I post my tester calls and people apply I get a lot of people who have 10 karma points or below. And I’ve had some people reach out to me saying how they would love to be picked and how they are rarely or never picked :sob:! So I thought I’d mention how we’ve all been in their position, and we all had to start at 0 and work our way up, so please when approving your testers, accept some people with low points as a way of paying it forward :heart::sparkling_heart:! For my next tester call I’ll be posting a beginner friendly pattern for people who have 10 karma points or below. But don’t worry it’ll be free after it’s done being tested :kissing_heart:!
And uh yeah that’s what I wanted to say !

64 Likes

I never choose testers based off of karma, I find it weird how people do. Sure it shows their reliability, but most of the people with higher karma points have been unreliable for me. I just do first come first serve when choosing testers.

18 Likes

For a while I would pick testers I knew but a couple months ago I started picking based on makes as well. But some ppl don’t have makes yet as they are new here , so that’s why I’m suggesting we pick them too :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

Also I love the pfp

13 Likes

Thanks lmao it’s midnight from mha

12 Likes

Yea, when I did a tester call, I had zero karma points myself (I think I still only have one now :joy:) so I picked a few that had less than 5 and then a few in between and like one that had really high karma like 50 or something. I figured it’s good to get people of all testing levels so that newer people can gain points and so I could also have the (almost) guaranteed reliability of experienced testers. Thanks for making this post! It’s a good reminder.

13 Likes

Aww that’s so sweet :face_holding_back_tears:! Tbh I don’t choose people based off karma points, I usually just accept anyone that willingly wants to test my pattern out.

(Your pfp is pretty btw. It’s Pinterest-coded to me)

12 Likes

Me too. I love midnight :sob:

11 Likes

I just pick some random I didn’t really know what the carma points was until now :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

When I found out about karma I started looking for quick, begginer-friendly tests to get points and be chosen for the tests I most wanted to do. I ended up with 8 tests at once. I have become saturated with forcing myself to crochet so much to complete them. If you have low karma please don’t do like me. When it becomes an obligation it stops being fun. From now on I’m only going to sign up for the tests that excite me the most and no more than 2 at a time.

I also have to add that since I wasn’t chosen in any of them, I signed up for as many as I could without expecting them to choose me, and I was selected in the majority.

20 Likes

I usually choose about 12 (more is a little crazy sometimes) and I start by seeing if they used the emoji or said their favorite ____ I said. Usually this works and I don’t even have to think about karma. Recently I have getting a lot of people who apply so I have to look further into it. I look at people’s makes and shops to see their work. I choose people with varying karma all the time! One thing I have to say is, if you’ve never tested before, post a journal kf another pattern here on ribblr. Not everyone does the same thing as me and having a picture of what you can do is really helpful!:yellow_heart:

9 Likes

I don’t choose based on karma points, and mostly not off makes either because some people don’t have any. So I normally ask for something written in the comment, usually an emoji, and accept based on that because it means they will read the pattern.

8 Likes

Yes, true dear. I am not applying to test before I am done with testing my final one. I was crocheting like a mad woman.
I promised myself to deliver the best work I can. Being a tester means more then to crochet. Or to get points. You need to be able to focus on every detail of the pattern. I finished 3 tests, my latest test is sold before I finished it. I am a beginner. I don’t crochet as fast, but I do my very best, like almost every tester, to deliver what I promised. Not perfect… But to me , testing a pattern means, assisting and helping the makers + use my result for marketing purposes to get their hard work, sold. I hope that the makers realise how much work we (as testers from all levels) put in your designs. With a lot of love, supplies and energy. If we can’t meet a deadline, for whatever reason, we feel really bad.
If I buy 1 of your designs, I do look at the makes. As a buyer, not tester, I am more drawn to patterns with examples underneath. different styles and skill levels. Testers who have their own style, color choice etc. It’s like having a designteam, that inspires me.

8 Likes

yes, a personal gallery would be great @ribbot

7 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @ribbot display help.

7 Likes

i personally do what a few others have suggested and accept them based on if they add whatever emoji i mentioned im the tester call. this way i can tell if they will read everything

9 Likes

How do u get karma points

6 Likes

you ge them automatically from testing. once the person you test for gives you the pattern, you get some karma. it just shows how many tests you’ve done

7 Likes

Thank you​:smile:

7 Likes

no problem :]

6 Likes