Magic rings

hi guys does anyone have any tips for working into magic rings? ive been working into them semi-successfully for a while but i cant seem to keep my stitches even?

7 Likes

Hmm, is your tension changing? Or is it pretty consistent? @Frogfrog

6 Likes

no i try and keep my tension as even as possible but sometimes some stitches are a lot smaller than others

6 Likes

Do you have a picture of this? I think the second round can sometimes be the hardest. Don’t have your tension too tight : )

6 Likes

Hi, I don’t know if this helps but I usually make my first stitch in a mr a bit looser. I find it makes things more even and it makes crocheting into it easier as well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I actually make an extra stitch (for single crochet) and skip that one. That makes the second row a ton easier.

6 Likes

Yes! I do that too. It does help.

6 Likes

Yes, this, definitely. That first one always seems tricky. Like, it likes to hide itself! :laughing:

6 Likes

thankyou! i think it was just my tension heing too tight and then too loose because of how i was holding the project : )

6 Likes

i couldnt get a decent picture but ive drawn something that looks a bit like what it looks like

5 Likes

i think it might actually be the way im increasing as its the second stitch in the increase thats too small

5 Likes

Go on Bella coco on youtube sarah jane taught me and she teaches best

5 Likes

Hmmm, perhaps!

5 Likes