Making A Pattern

Hiya!! Im working on my first pattern and I’m wondering how long it took anyone else to create their first pattern. Im also looking for pattern testers before I releaase. the pattern for everyone here on ribblr.

8 Likes

Hi!
It always depends what project you are making! By the way, I have a pattern that needs testing so please spread the word it’s a circular rug pattern :blush:

4 Likes

Wow! A rug must have taken quite a bit of time! I’d be interested in testing the pattern in the future though!

2 Likes

I used bulky yarn to crochet it so it went quite fast :wink:

2 Likes

Ahhh Im using Bernat Velvet yarn for the pattern I’m working on. Boy do I love chunkier yarns!

2 Likes

That’s great, congrats! May I ask what it is? It took me a while to write up my first pattern (mine was knit, and I was a newbie and my gauge was all messed up), roughly 3 weeks! My second pattern was crochet (it’s available for free in my RIbblr shop), and it took about a week. :blush:

3 Likes

Im working on a mix between a blueberry and grapefruit looking type of plushie!Im also planning to add some flaps that’ll be optional so it can play peekaboo for an interactive toy for kids!

5 Likes

Yes totally! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ooh! Sounds amazing!

1 Like

Thank you! Its inspired by those peekaboo tops from tiktok and a blueberry I also saw on tiktok! Im just figuring out what im doing as I go😂

2 Likes

Oh lol :joy:

1 Like

I just made my first pattern last week! I was super nervous, but I loved how it came out. I made a small 5in plush and from concept to design I took about 3 days of off and on work. Good Luck!!

3 Likes

Waaaw :star_struck: thats really good to make it, good luck :+1:. Am nrlew to in writting patterns but not yet make my mind to publish it.

I wold like to be a tester for you if you like, I like unique new thing to try.

2 Likes

Coool a rug and to be a tester is good for me to try something out my zone, I would like to test it for you. Did you use a T-shirt yarn or what. Good luck with your pattern :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

I used lion brand mandala thick and quick yarn, it’s a nice bulky yarn, relatively soft but not too soft. You could try t-shirt yarn, and see how that goes! I’m always open to suggestions, the more options the better :blush: I’ll send it to you now! Thank you so much for being a tester :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

awesome! ill let you know when the pattern it heady for testing!

3 Likes

Would you like to test it, or are you saying future patterns? :blush: Or both :wink:

1 Like

Will be happy to be a tester for you :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

both!

2 Likes

:clap::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts: I’ll send it to you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like