Making My First Granny Square (On the Ribblr Show!)

I have been crocheting for 8 years but this will be the first time I have ever made a granny square before.

I am so excited to go live tomorrow for the Ribblr Show and make some granny squares! They look fun! :confetti_ball:

I will be live at 3pm EST on Friday July 5th, you can bring your colors and make some too!

What are your favorite projects to make with Granny Squares?

Best,
Vincent

38 Likes

I made a granny stitch hexagon cardigan for my sister for christmas and she loved it! I love it too! I am also making a sweater/shirt thing (I don’t really know what to call it because it uses lace yarn with a 6.5 mm hook. It’s pretty though!) That’s for me and I hope I can finish it before school starts so I can wear it in the fall. I kinda forgot about it but I want to finish it now! Maybe I could make a few squares and watch the show!:yellow_heart:

8 Likes

I’ve made large afghans as a giant granny square

7 Likes

I hope I remember to join you tomorrow. Might have to set an alarm. I made a lot of checkerboards and tic tac toe blankets over the years. My favorite may be a large blanket I connected to make sleeves. Was great by the firepit.

7 Likes

whats really funny is the fact i just finshed making a granny square :sob::sob:

5 Likes

Blankets! I once made one granny square and just kept going using chunky yarn lol

5 Likes

Super exciting :smiling_face: I finally made my first one a few months ago.
My temperature blanket I’m making is actually a Granny square for each day, with the low temp as the first round, the average temp as the middle row, and the high as the last, I may or may not add a neutral border to them all depending upon how big the blanket will end up :sweat_smile:

But uhm, it says the show is starting at 3:00 AM for me instead of 3 PM?

8 Likes

Cool I’m making a top with them for my sister and I also made a bag with it I love granny square’s

Eva

3 Likes

oops! thanks for the correction.

6 Likes

I will see if i can join! I really hope so but it will be at 9 pm for me and i am sick so i might be in bed bit we will see!

3 Likes

ooooooooo
sounds like fuuunn
i have a granny square book from the library with like 100 different types in there

5 Likes

I make blankets and scarves. They get so addicting and very easy after a while.

3 Likes

I enjoyed that. Here’s my journal.

5 Likes

I have 6/12 granny squares done so far for the project I plan on making! That was fun! And the embroidery floss worked out with a few modifications to my original idea!:yellow_heart:

2 Likes

my beautiful square

5 Likes

I gotta admit, I’m not a big lover of granny squares. But one thing I have made from them is that sunflower tote bag that was really popular a couple years ago.

2 Likes