Multi sized pattern

Hi Lir & Saar,

I’m inputting a multi-sized pattern. Got to say, I’m pretty impressed with how it’s working. I’m uploading the pattern very differently to how I normally would. As a maker using Ribblr to make the pattern, I think it will be SO easy to follow.

There are a few sections in my pattern that apply to only three sizes at a time. See screenshot for what I’ve done. I’m referring to the two sets of instructions for the larger sizes.

I was hoping the multi sized pattern would pick up on the 3 different st counts in brackets at the end, but it hasn’t. I don’t see this as a major problem, I just thought I would flag it with you to see if it’s possible to capture this on the multi sized settings?

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 5.30.34 pm

1 Like

Thanks and glad you like it :grinning: That’s exactly our aim- to make crafting and designing simple and accessible for everyone!

With regards to your question - there is a bit of an issue with how you wrote it.
The smart sizing works as follows: size1 (size2, size3)
So you would have to write a size before the brackets and also the sc (or any other abbreviation) after the brackets.
In your case, the smart sizing would assume your three sizes in brackets are not actually sizes since it detects sizes based on your input on your pattern’s cover page. What I suggest is that if you have 8 sizes for example, you can write:
0 (0, 0, 0, 0, 132, 142, 152)

I hope that helps!

aaaah! got it! thanks Saar. I have a few lines I can do that on.