Multiple purchases at one time

If you want to purchase more than one pattern from the same designer, can you put more than one of their patterns in your cart, or do you have to buy them individually one by one?

12 Likes

Unfortunately, only one pattern at a time.

7 Likes

Unfortunately, they don’t have that, perhaps later they can implement it if possible, the best thing I can think of is having the one-click on stripe (by putting your phone number) so it’ll be faster to buy patterns

6 Likes

Yeah, Its a pain but you have to go through the buying process individually.
It kinda sucks they only use stripe and only allow single purchases at a time. Held me back from ordering patterns.

9 Likes

I think my credit card issuer would end up flagging a bunch of small amount transactions occurring within a short time frame as being suspicious so I hope they develop a better shopping cart system so you can make multiple purchases from the same designer.

I wish they would allow PayPal too.

Plus why limit us to downloading 5 free patterns per day? That simply makes no sense.

6 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions! It’s been noted :smiley:

7 Likes

I think the limit on free patterns is to slow down those that would abuse it. There are always free patterns posted for a limited time, with the assumption that not all of the thousands of members will grab it at once and nobody would ever pay for the pattern. By limiting how many you can grab at once, it controls that traffic flow to some extent and exposed you to more patterns while allowing the designers a chance to control how many free patterns go out.

9 Likes

Given the abuses perpetrated in the last few years by some of the other payment processing companies, I’m thrilled with Stripe so far.

9 Likes

I’m okay with Stripe, I just wish they’d allow alternatives for people who can’t use it.

6 Likes

I’m sure it’ll spread as it gets bigger, or ribblr will add alternatives s they get bigger.

6 Likes

Plus I downloaded free patterns yesterday but it still won’t allow me to download free ones today. I thought 24 hours was the limit. I will try again tomorrow and see if it lets me. I don’t mind paying for patterns.

5 Likes

The 24 hours start the moment you get the free pattern, it won’t reset the next day just after the time it took you to get the free pattern, hope that makes sense :blush:

6 Likes

24 hours from your 5th load

5 Likes

I’m thinking that must be heavy on the server at times too. If everyone downloads all the free patterns at once, that would slow it down considerably :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

If you think about it… Ribblr has amazing tools that other apps make you pay a subscription for, and they allow you to have a shop that they don’t charge you for hosting. And there are no annoying ads or third part emails.
They make all their money from the tiny fee they charge when you sell something. I think they are incredibly gracious to allow as much freebies as they already do.

7 Likes

Definitely!

5 Likes

I agree!

3 Likes

It finally allowed me to download a couple free ones. But my credit card flagged my last purchase until I confirmed yes it was me who made the purchase so I will have to possibly resubmit that one purchase

EDITED TO ADD. Payment is finally showing up as cleared and not Pending

4 Likes

Yea uh we all kinds want to download more then 5 patterns for a day maybe 8 or 7 please- thanks

That limit is new due to abuse, I doubt they will be reversing it any time soon

1 Like