Multitasking

The alternative is counting louder to avoid conversation :laughing:

13 Likes

I count louder and continue the conversation sometimes; most of the time I’ll just count louder and give the person a look like “please hold, I’ll be with you in a moment” or if I’m trying to focus it’ll be a look like “ahh wait! Just- just a moment I’m busy!” :joy:

8 Likes

Must be the introvert in me haha :woman_shrugging:t3:
I can usually carry on a conversation while keeping count, but sometimes I don’t want to… So I just count out loud haha…
And the times that my brain refuses to work and I can’t do both, but don’t mind the conversation, I just recount the row as many times as needed to not stop the conversation :blush:

6 Likes

Yes lol I usually say, “Give me a second” and count all the current stitches and repeat it in my head while I carry out the conversation and then return back to crocheting :rofl:

6 Likes

Depends how intricate the pattern or stitch! But yep been there

5 Likes

Depends on who the conversation is with. My Jerry gets a louder count. Usually the rest get a pause on counting for the conversation.

5 Likes

I get a bit agitated when people try to talk to me. Crocheting can be so stressful sometimes! Lol

4 Likes

Omg so true me and my friend always shout out our numbers

5 Likes

Yes!! I’ve done the same at times. Other times I just want to focus on my crochet, but I will definitely say that multitasking with different things has gotten easier for me.

4 Likes

Recount the row!!!

2 Likes

Poor Jerry.
baba sigh GIF by Puffin Rock

3 Likes