my cats lost:(

guys this morning my cat was missing and i don’t know where he is:(

if you guys have any experience with lost cats and can share with me for some tips to find him that would be great.
thank you so much for your help.

8 Likes

I lost my cat once, he was just sick and hiding in the basement, that’s just my experience…

7 Likes

If you have access to a printer or even plain paper and markers you can make some flyers to hang up!

Also if you don’t have a lot of wildlife or strays, perhaps a small bowl of food or water would be good for them just in case. Also, don’t wlrry to much, cats are smart animals and most find their way home eventually

6 Likes

Yes, leave some water/ food out, and maybe a garage door or something like that open so they can get back in. If they don’t come back within 24 hours, and not pregnant ( I mean- the chance cat is hiding somewhere to give birth). You should go looking for the cat.

5 Likes

Did you ever find your kitty?

5 Likes

Oh no, sorry I missed this topic. Hoping for some good news!

6 Likes

Do u have any tall trees he could be stuck in?

5 Likes

My cat went missing for 3 days. I’m assuming something chased him and he was hiding until he felt safe. Put your cats litter box outside so they can smell it and hopefully find their way home if they’re lost.

6 Likes

next door is a great resource. a lot of moms with a lot of time on their hands means mass mobilization !!

5 Likes

I hope the cat is already back home safely, but I agree with @jellyfishyishy that next door works great, like you can post it there and neighbors/people who live nearby can let you know if they’ve seen the cat

Or maybe just asking some nearby neighbors if they’ve seen the cat around might help?

When my cat got lost (her first day outside as well) I just stayed in the garden all day and the day after just calling her name a few times every hour or something, to just make sure she knows the way back smell/sound wise

5 Likes

no not yet:(

5 Likes

no not really

5 Likes

yeah we have lots of friends in the courts around us so we told them all

5 Likes

thank you but no still no sign of my cat:(

5 Likes

I hope he comes home soon :heart:

5 Likes

Also try calling impound or local shelters to made sure no one dropped them off there!

6 Likes

yeah but he has his collar

5 Likes

It’s still worth a shot, some people ignore collars. My naughtiest cat also wriggles out of his collars. He’s a complete butt but I love him. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Oh no. :frowning:

My mom has had this experience before, and something she did was calling around to the local vets and shelters. Sometimes people will bring a lost cat they found to the vets, and sometimes they will hold onto them for a while. Check their social media pages as well if they have them. My local vets uses theirs for lost animals all the time.

Also, post on any local social media page you know of where you can put a picture and any crucial information, such as if they can be approached, friendly, timid, etc. I actually was able to find a cats owner this way when it was lost by posting one I found on a local social media page.

Otherwise, put out food and water, or walk around with a bag of treats they love near your home. I read somewhere once that if you put their litter box outside the scent will lead them back home, however I’ve never tested this to be sure.

Best of luck and I hope your kitty makes it home safely! :heart:

6 Likes

ok thank you

4 Likes