My crochet story

Hi my name is Ata. I want to share with you my crochet story. I’ve been crocheting for a couple of years now. About two years into it I started to create my own patterns. I love making plushies for children, to see joy in the eyes of someone who sees my work for the first time. Crocheting came into my life from the need to do something, my mind was overloaded with negative emotions at that point. It was then that I remembered seeing these crochet octopuses for preemies. I thought to myself ‘I’ll give this a try’. Went to google and youtube, found a pattern for a bear that was both written and as a video tutorial. Went looking for some yarn and a basic crochet hook. It took me 8 hours straight to figure out how to hold the yarn and hook.
Lately I came to value crocheting even more. My Dad died suddenly in March 2021. After his passing I couldn’t do much, my grief wouldn’t let me. It didn’t take me long before I picked up my hook. You see crochet is a curious and magical hobby. It lets us bring our ideas into life. It eases anxiety, learns patience and gives us joy. Although the stitches are uneaven at first with perseverance and hard work we achieve perfection. Crocheting keeps me going, it heals my mind and calms me down. I came to the point when crocheting after hours and on weekends didn’t cut it anymore. I quit my job and decided to follow my dream and create crochet patterns so others can benefit from this wonderful hobby. Maybe picking up my pattern will help you overcome some rough patch in your life. Knowing my pattern helped someone overcome a rough patch in their life would mean the world to me. If you made it this far, wow, thank you for spending this time with me. If you’d like to ask me any questions or share your story please feel free to leave a comment.

30 Likes

Thank you sharing. This hobby of crochet quickly turned into a productive coping skill for me. I can’t even begin to state all that has happened within and without me since 2015.
I hear and feel what you’re saying sista! :fist_left:t2:

6 Likes

Woow that’s inspiring :blush:. I have been crocheting for the past two years now and am planning to start writing patterns for my makes. I am inspired by your story. :heart:

7 Likes

Omg I’m so sorry for your loss! Losing someone like that is really hard :cry: I’m super glad you picked up crocheting, it’s such a wonderful craft isn’t it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Congratulations on making your own patterns! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing and being a part of our community. We’re so happy to have you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you all for your replies :heart: This keeps me motivated too, I will be working hard to bring more beautiful patterns to this community :blush:

4 Likes

Great! I hope to see your patterns soon :blush::heart:

5 Likes

For me 2021 was eventful enough. We lost not only my father but also my mums sister and my dads brother. It was covid season but none of them died because of it. Thank you for hearing me out :heart:

4 Likes

I am so sorry. Your family will always be in your heart and always looking down over you. I love your cute Ducky, it looks amazing and soo real. Congratulations on your crocheting career. You are a very creative persistent person.

4 Likes

thank you so much for your kind words :heart:, I can feel my family around, especially my Dad. If you like George the pattern is available in my shop :blush: I made the first duckling for my husband, he is a huge fan of these animals. When Dad died I wanted to make something for him so it would keep him company in his last journey. Then I decided to write down the pattern so others can enjoy it as well :relaxed:

4 Likes

That’s so nice :blush:

4 Likes

You trying to make me cry??

P.S. It’s ok, I’m fine.

4 Likes