My people!!

I just discovered this incredible app and I feel like I’ve finally found my people! My community :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m pretty happy right now haha.
I’m Paula and from a small town on the south east coast of Victoria, Australia. Crocheting has gotten me through some pretty tough times including losing my 35yo husband to cancer, battling my own disability (hEDS) and trying to raise 4 kids on my own.
Crochet is my happy place :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and I’m so pleased to be here with you all xx

21 Likes

Hi Paula and welcome to Ribblr!!! I felt the same way when I discovered this wonderful app, I’m so glad you’ve joined us! It’s so beautiful the way that crochet and crafting can help us in so many ways, and I’m thrilled that it has helped you through all your going through! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

8 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr Paula!
Thanks for sharing your story, I find it very inspiring that In such difficult times you found an outlet, something that makes you happy.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy the thousands of beautiful patterns on Ribblr and of course our wonderful community!

Is it now winter where you live? How cold does it get?

6 Likes

Welcome Paula, I’m also from your neck of the woods! I don’t know many other crafters here either other than my mum and grandma who taught me to knit. I love it when you can find a niche on the internet which you may not have been able to find IRL.

6 Likes

Welcome welcome! I felt the same way when I found this app. I lost my father about a year ago now, and have been dealing with chronic illness and disability.
This place has been a haven for me and a safe space, which there are so few of these days.
Wishing you all the lovely things :heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

We are more than happy to have you! Thanks for joining :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you so much :relaxed::heart:
It is winter here atm but I love the winter (weird I know haha) so I don’t mind at all. Snuggling up on the couch with my crochet is the best! I struggle with it in the summer. It’s 8 degrees celsius here right now but it can get down to 0 and I’m close to the bay so the wind chill can be pretty sharp!

5 Likes

Oooh @WaratahLife where abouts are you? I’m in Koo Wee Rup. I hope you’re coping alright with lockdown? Xxx

3 Likes

@beccivoyante I’m so sorry for your loss :pensive:
I’ve noticed crocheting seems to be a pretty popular craft for us disabled folk, medicine for the soul :heart:

4 Likes

I appreciate that so much. And I’ve noticed that as well. Solidarity :relieved::heart:

4 Likes

I’m in Leongatha. I have passed through Koo Wee Rup many times, mostly on the bus to Melbourne. I love seeing all the asparagus sticking up out of the paddocks. Lockdown is ok, I don’t have kids to homeschool so I have it pretty easy.

4 Likes

Welcome!!!

4 Likes

Welcome to the family!:hugs:

3 Likes