Names

How did you guys come up with your name/shop name?

10 Likes

My middle name is Kenshae and my family used to only call me that so thatā€™s why itā€™s my name. For my shop, I used to want to do hair for a living and I always said I wanted my salon to be called KelseyKreations (Kelsey is my first name) so I just changed Kelsey to Kenshae since its my username.

10 Likes

Well mine is the most simple :joy: my name is Sierra, I crochet, and I randomly chose a number for the end of my username :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

For my shop name, NoKittenAroundStudio, it was inspired by a cat poster I still have hanging on my bedroom wall from when I was little and was obsessed with cats (it says ā€˜Stop Kitten Aroundā€™ on it)

and my business partner and I were FaceTiming to try and decide what we should name the shop and sort out other logistics having to do with it. So we took inspiration from that! As for usernames, I usually do either shop name, something to do with cats or Nicole (my middle name) :hugs:

8 Likes

I used to have a facebook page called Hooked on Cotton. Because, Iā€™m hooked ā€¦ on cotton. ha. I left facebook and just recently went back. Now my page is Hooked by Marilyn. Iā€™m still hooked. They are a spinoff of sorts from Hooked on Phonics.

9 Likes

it honestly and plainly itā€™s just my name lmao

6 Likes

I love this story!

5 Likes

My username is something I use for most of my game accounts because like generally thereā€™s this thing where you canā€™t have the same name as others, so like ā€œname is takenā€ kinda stuff. I like wolves :wolf: so most would be Wolfā€¦. then I just added my initials (like of full name) which is KvB soooo WolfKvB it is, sooo fun fact if you see that name somewhere, where thereā€™s a limited amount of usernames available, thereā€™s a good chance itā€™s me :joy:

Shop name I copied from my failed Etsy, I donā€™t like Etsy much.

But same logic with liking wolves, was thinking about what to sell and thought hmmm anything I make I donā€™t wanna choose, so I added Crafts, and added the NL because of country so people can guess shipping quickly, soooo WolfyCraftsNL

6 Likes

LDSVenus has been my online name for a long time, originally it was just Venus, after my favorite pet ferret, but friends had a hard time finding my blog (there are a kajillion Venusā€™ out there, :rofl::rofl:, so I added the LDS (for part of my Churches name, Latter-Day Saints), not to many with that name lol.

8 Likes

I wanted something that can be related to other fiber art, and itā€™s also a movie reference lol (Pulp Fiction)
Pelote means :yarn: in French, and I like the fiction thing because it means I can do weird stuff as well :rofl: and I also like Science Fiction :space_invader:
I brainstormed a lot to finally choose this one :joy: it was a struggle for me to start sharing on Instagram and so on with the good name :joy::joy:

6 Likes

You go with that name, love it!

7 Likes

My very first crochet project was a bee and I just thought of sew-it-bee. Ya know. So it be

8 Likes

My dad made it up for me. He is the one who helps run my Etsy shop. He did it while we were making my Etsy shop! Big shoutout to him

8 Likes

How did you come up with your ribblr username?

6 Likes

Itā€™s my dadā€™s name and his birthday. This account is his.

7 Likes

Ok I didnā€™t realize it was his account, and I knew your name was Anika from a different post so I was reading it as Ami T

6 Likes

My name is Taylen so Tay and I crochet but just like WolfKvB I put 2 sā€™ bc TayCrochets was taken.
And that is how TayCrochetss came to be

7 Likes

Yeah, my name is Anika but itā€™s my dadā€™s account with his email. No worries itā€™s confusingā€‹:grimacing:

6 Likes

so i was talking to my cusin with face time and she was drinking a school milk called local fresh so i was telling her about making my ribblr acount and thats how i got my name

7 Likes

Thatā€™s unique!

5 Likes