NAURRR 😭

my mum is making me throw away my yarnn (not all of it but some of it) and Im depressed about it cause my yarn is my child (like literally) :sob:

24 Likes

NAURRR :sob::sob::sob:
why tho?

12 Likes

Noooo Om that’s so sad :sob::sob::sob:

10 Likes

because my moms says that I have too much and I was like THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH but she said she would by me another ball of yarn (so I can finish my hexagon cardigan) BUT STILLL :sob:

12 Likes

NOOO :sob: Just quickly use it all so she cant get rid of it lol

8 Likes

Oh nooo my mom said the same thing :sob:

7 Likes

What I do is compress it all into a box so my mum can’t see it, but it sucks when they try to make you get rid of it :cry:

9 Likes

It’s worth it :pensive:

8 Likes

NOOOOO :sob:

8 Likes

Why would she make u throw it away??!?
Such a waste!
:frowning:

7 Likes

Why would she do that?!? If you spent your money on it, she shouldn’t have the right to throw it away. That’d be like if my mum told me to get rid of my yarn. Mine’s $12 a pack (for 400g) I probably have hundreds worth of yarn, and would be extremely upset if it was thrown away. Can you try and reason with her?

10 Likes

Frr

7 Likes

MY MOM MADE ME THROW AWAY 2 WHOLE TRASH BAGS WORTHH :sob: and then she made me throw away some of the things I CROCHETED (if you can’t tell I’m PISSED at her)
and i have cried so much I can’t cry anymore

8 Likes

ANDDD when I went outside to throw it away she started YELLING at me cause I was going to throw it away! (idk what SHE WANTS FROM MEEE!!!) and I’m like sobbing at this point cause im sad I’m throwing away my yarn and my mom is yelling at me so… I need someone to help me feel better

8 Likes

Im so sorry :sob: Hopefully you get to keep your yarn, maybe you could try talking to her about it? I honestly dont know why she would tell you to throw it out, especially things you already made? Maybe you could try to find a market so you can have a reason to have yarn and make lots of things.

8 Likes

yeah she says i have too much yarn and that i have to throw away my things cause theres too many of them -_- sometimes i wish they never adopted me:sob:

6 Likes

Maybe you can quickly crochet a chunky blanket using multiple yarn strands at the same time, to use it up? (Or stash for later use by unravelling the blanket)

8 Likes

Oh no that’s terrible! I really hope you’ll find a way to reason with her or hide your stash someolace else like at a friend and bring some back woth you from time to time maybe? I wish you good luck, be brave !

7 Likes

I can see why you’re upset. You have a right to be. However, I wouldn’t assert this right with your mother at this point.
Perhaps, when she has settled down you can ask why she felt that you “ had too much stuff”. Is your room always messy? Could that be a reason? You haven’t taken care of other responsibilities and engaging in crochet all the time? Are your grades in school good?
Is there another adult you can talk to in effort to help them understand why crochet is so important to you? Helps you with anxiety, depression, or other problems?
Is there a Dad or Grandma you can talk to so that they can understand where you’re coming from and advocate for you with your mom?
Perhaps one way you can tell them crochet is important to you is I’d rather give up my (……) than give up crochet, give up my fashion clothes, my desk, my iPad, for example.
For me, I’d give up video games or my phone than get rid of my yarn.
It sounds like your mom is very upset, and may need some time to cool down.
Can your Dad take your yarn and put it somewhere until you or you and him can talk to your mom.
I understand completely why you said you wish they had not adopted you, you’re very hurt and feel somewhat helpless in this situation.
For me, I’m 56 now and it still pains me the stuff I have had taken from me or prevented from the opportunity to get to my stuff when in foster care. Some poems I wrote , a special teddy bear, and some letters as well as some clothes.

@OMLET

8 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re going through that. I don’t know why she doesn’t see the value in the yard that she’s making you throw away and the potential that it could have

7 Likes