Need feedback on selling on Ribblr platform

Hi! I’d like some feedback from those who sell on Ribblr. I have my own site, and I also sell on Etsy & Ravelry, but I rarely sell a pattern on Ribblr. Is there anyone who has secrets or tips on Ribblr visibility or promoting your shop without being sales-y to the community? I want to be a respectful member but I also want to sell patterns. I have participated in conversations in the community, I have been featured as a shop, I have a link to my Ribblr page on my site, and I have promoted the platform on my social media. Does anyone know if it’s possibly because of the type of patterns I sell? I have seen more amigurumi and clothing type patterns on this platform in particular so maybe one reason is because I don’t sell those type of patterns? Any feedback is wonderful, thanks.

8 Likes

I’m relatively new here but not new to crocheting. I just started selling some patterns and this is the only site I have used for that and have only had a few sales so I am no expert on marketing. I think all your patterns are very pretty btw. Even though they aren’t the more popular tags on ribblr, right now…maybe it’s because ribblr is relatively new compared to etsy or ravelry which have been around for a very long time. I just started seeing ribblr patterns coming up on pinterest noticeably only a few months ago. So as it grows so will the audience and having a variety of types of patterns will only help that in the long run. I think anyways… lol. Also, just an idea but you could try adding an easy/quick free pattern to generate more people looking at your shop and your other patterns as well.

7 Likes

I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong. Ribblr is new and will take some time to gain momentum. I personally think that when designers are tired of other platforms eating into their profits ribblr will explode. It’s not a matter of if, but of when.

6 Likes

That’s so true, thank you for your thoughtful reply. I like the idea of offering a free pattern. I have some on my blog but didn’t think to also put the pattern on Ribblr free.

7 Likes

Yes, I agree. I hope Ribblr, as a digital platform, will start catching on more & more!

6 Likes

Hi everyone! I just made one of my patterns free, let me know how you like it if you make it :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

The pretty phone pouch right?

3 Likes

From what I’ve noticed, I will almost always get a few sales on a pattern within a few days or a week of it being published. I think this might be because when you go into the “crochet” or “knit” section of patterns on Ribblr, they show the newest stuff first. On my older patterns, I haven’t had a sale for them in a while. I know that there is a search feature to find specific patterns, but from my own experience, I always forget it’s a thing.

I think it’s good and bad that on the “crochet” and “knit” sections that they have the newest stuff first. The good thing is that you have an equal chance of getting looked at as a new designer just as much as a well-known designer. The bad part is that (in my opinion) you need to be constantly posting new patterns to make sales. All the older pattern usually get lost at some point.
(Woah, sorry this is long)

6 Likes

I agree with everyone here. I’m getting ready to start selling my patterns on here and this is a concern I haven’t even thought about. I think adding popular hashtags and having a free pattern or two is good. Also, I don’t think there’s a problem with promoting to the community. At the end of the day, we’re all here to sell and buy. The community is just a another plus to being on ribblr. But like everyone said, ribblr is still a relatively small platform but I do think it’s going to blow up soon. We just have to keep promoting it.

5 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

Yes, I think that happens with other platforms too, things get buried very quickly.

5 Likes