Need Help Solving a Riddle

Basically im in a crochet competition on discord and ive made to to the third round but this round we have to solve a riddle​:sob::face_exhaling:. They atleast told us that the riddle is about an animal so we have to guess the animal. Can anyone help me pls?

The Riddle​:point_down:
That blue shift, a fatal smother. It swells and quells all your thoughts. You wander in your mind, a vivid vision blinds you from the darkness.

The blue helpers of mankind, fresco colored brandishing, carved into the history of humankind. Abandoned bodies and numb minds. Cupid’s mount across the thorns of marble love.
Something holds it to be so misunderstood, the apex of what it surrounds. it symbolizes balance. They protect those that wander away from home. Of depths unknown to be explored, they sink together through the sky, through the liquid scenery.

And if we swim down low, we may feel it’s menace, yet it will leave us unharmed, As it jumps through the surface, and wanders back down. See world, they’ll never know.

6 Likes

Whales,??

6 Likes

I was thinking something along thise lines as well

5 Likes

I was thinking dolphins because people swim with dolphins for mental health

But the talk of being misunderstood and the menacing makes me think shark…

4 Likes

Okay so i did some reasearch i did some research and found out that whales can be a symbol of balance, their bodies when they dies fall to the bottom of the ocean and they tend to protect other animals . Dolphins are also a good choice cause they fit the criteria as well

6 Likes

I think whales or dolphins too.

5 Likes

Thank you all so much for your help i think im going to go with whales i hope ill be able to make something cool

7 Likes

Let us know if you guessed correctly!

5 Likes

That sounds more mythical than natural, like Selkies

7 Likes

I think it’s dolphins. because when they want to die they just sink to the bottom. but they also jump to the surface to breathe.

6 Likes

OMG ITS DOLPHINS. this was on google about the dolphin fresco.

Dolphin Fresco Knossos is an Ancient Aegean Fresco Painting created in 1545BCE . The image is in the Public Domain, and tagged Dolphins.

It is carved into history and has to do with fresco.

7 Likes

Dolphins also symbolize balance.

5 Likes

Cupid rides a dolphin.

5 Likes

Damn good thing i hadnt started yet, ill just adapt my idea to be for dolphins

6 Likes

That’s known as the minotaur palace, lots of bulls and mythical creatures painted inside, along with a famous fresco of the ladies in blue. Has the labyrinth underneath

6 Likes

Not my contest and I don’t know the rules or anything, but the poem and the connection with the minos palace and all the mythical creatures… I would find those lion brand mandala yarns that are all named after the mythical creatures and make something with that

5 Likes

Thats a lovely suggestion but lion brand isnt sold where i live

4 Likes

Disappointed Big Daddy GIF

6 Likes

First thing I was thinking was dolphins. Then I read everyone’s comments and definitely have to agree! Good luck!!

4 Likes

Same! I was like, whales… no, dolphins fit this a little better… when I was reading the riddle. I guess I guessed right! :blush: Good luck!

3 Likes