Need help with knitting

Hi I’m learning how to knit and I know the basics but I need help with knitting in circles. Does anyone have any advice or tips?

4 Likes

Do you mean knitting in the round on circular needles? Verypink knits has some tutorials on YouTube as do other knitters

4 Likes

Yes, thank you!

5 Likes

I assume you mean knitting in the round
That’s a big step, but so worth it! Good for you. But it’s really not much different, so don’t be afraid.
So the very first thing is to make sure that when you knit in the round, that you are knitting into the proper leg of your stitch. Depending on how you wrap your yarn, you may need to change if you knit in the front or back of a stitch so that you don’t twist it…not everyone experiences this, but the lack of the turning and purling can alter how your stitches sit on your needles.
The second thing… which I personally do nearly every time… is to start your work flat for about the first inch, then join in the round. This completely eliminates the chance that you will twist your work when joining. This small gap can be sewn together at the end when you do your weaving.
Use a jogless join stitch every round to avoid helix knitting and your stripes not matching up.
That’s it. From there you will figure out which type of needle you like to work with.
All the things I mentioned can be found on VeryPinkKnits youtube.

5 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes