Need ideas

I went to dollar tree and got these yarns for 1.25 each. I think that’s a great deal but one problem I don’t know what to make with them? Any ideas. I don’t think I have enough to make a blanket and there are no more of these at the store.

9 Likes

Wow that’s a great deal!! Some ideas I have are giant amigurumis or a chunky sweater, tell us what you end up making with it!

4 Likes

Do you have an idea for what amigurumi to do with it? I am thinking of making a blanket but will share the end results

5 Likes

It could make a cute scarf if you like chuncky ones! It could also make a cute cropped sweater or vest. Depends on how much you bought!

6 Likes

I was thinking a frog since those seem to be really popular and you have green, I’m not sure what amigurumi you could make with the purple…

5 Likes

Actually I was thinking of a frog. The only issue is me don’t have a crochet hook for that thick yarn I will see what I can make thanks for helping. Let me know if you find any ideas

6 Likes

A crochet hook that big will be a little tricky to find, I have seen some on Etsy and Amazon, they might have them at your local craft store too! I’ll definitely think of ideas for the purple yarn!

5 Likes

you should try making slippers

5 Likes

You know that’s a good idea but I found this really cute idea. I am going to hand knit a cardigan or jacket. I found a tutorial on YouTube

5 Likes

When I have a yarn that is too big I crochet with my hand instead of a hook. You do need to get the hang of it first before trying it on a project though. Hand knitting is another good option either way.

4 Likes

That also looks like a roving type of yarn, which is really cute but sheds a ton :sob:. I once hand knitted a whole blanket with roving as a beginner, and with in days my beautiful blanket was trash because it shed everywhere and got tangled in itself. It is probably different in a cardigan though but please consider it before you go all in on a project like this, I don’t want it to get ruined! Edit: I looked at the picture again and it is roving! If you make the cardigan please do not machine wash it! I am not a professional with roving but look into how to take care of pieces made with roving. I also don’t want to scare you from making your project idea. I just wanted to let you know about the struggles with roving I’m sure the cardigan will turn out great! Have fun making it!

6 Likes

I might make a rug with it! :blush:

4 Likes

Yeah you are right so I decided to make a hat and some slippers.

5 Likes

That’s a good idea too I will see how much yarn I have. I was thinking of making some slippers and a hat but we will see maybe a scarf….

5 Likes

The brand appears to be mainstays, which is sold at walmart ( I think it’s the walmart brand) if you want more

5 Likes

Yea it’s a Walmart brand but I found it at dollar tree……
Anyways I have enough yarn to hand knit a cardigan so I am a working on that

6 Likes

Possibly a chunky sweater?, a frog seems very cute, what about a strawberry cow? Or even a reversible octopus

5 Likes

Have you tried looking at another store?

3 Likes