Need Testers/Proofreaders for Carnotaurus Amigurumi

Hi everyone, I’ve finished writing my Carnotaurus pattern and am opening it up to testing. This pattern uses Bernat Blanket yarn and should take around two hours to make (maybe longer if you’re doing it for the first time… or if my instructions are confusing, which I hope they’re not). Mostly I just want to know whether the pattern can be understood, and make sure I don’t have any typographical errors. The arm/leg attachment is difficult to explain, but I have filmed video tutorials as per suggestion, and these are linked in the pattern. There’s not really a deadline, I’ll just be working on other patterns in the meantime.

(As an extra note, bear in mind I’m still new here and haven’t entirely got the hang of Ribblr yet… that’s what makes testers/proofreaders all the more useful.)

Thanks!

16 Likes

Hey! I’d love to test this, I love that there isn’t a set deadline, I have a few other test to finish first :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Thanks for introducing me to a dinosaur I’d never heard of before! This pattern looks really cool, I’d love to test it for you

7 Likes

Id love to test this out

8 Likes

Hey, I’d love to test the pattern. I have all the free time and could get it done pretty quickly.

8 Likes

Id love to test! I adore carnotaurus’!!

7 Likes

Id love to test

7 Likes

I’ll test. See my work on insta noemi_amigurumi

6 Likes

Thank you everyone for offering to test! I’ve just issued the pattern to the new volunteers, so hopefully everyone should have gotten it.

6 Likes

I would love to test!!!

6 Likes

Aww they are so cute I would love test it but I’m so busy also I dunno if I’m seeing things but quick tip when crocheting in the round you should have the v shaped stitches showing I dunno if u like it like that but it’s still so cute. Good luck with your tester call and I am so excited to try it when it comes out. :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you for all the kind words! Sorry, but I don’t really know what you mean by “V-shaped stitches”… I guess I need to brush up on my crochet terminology.

6 Likes

I think she is referring to what way you made the dinosaur. What I mean by that is sometimes people make amigurumi and then turn it inside out so the stitches look different. It could all depend on what way you choose to go when you first make the magic circle, ring, chain, etc.
wsi-imageoptim-tumblr_liixlal1I71qfosqa
Like this

7 Likes

No problem and I can’t wait to see all your other creationsnand @Rosettalove213 has put a good image of the v shaped stitches as well as an explanation so be sure to check that out!

6 Likes

Oh, I see! It didn’t really occur to me that the magic circle could go different ways; I hope that doesn’t affect how the pattern turns out for different people. Thanks for the explanation!

6 Likes

would you like me to use blanket yarn, or are other yarns acceptable as well? i have plenty of blanket yarn, but i’m eyeing a specific weight 4 velvet yarn i have for this dude :eyes:

6 Likes

i believe they’re referring to the yarn under technique!!

7 Likes

If you still need testers I’d love to test this lil guy

6 Likes

I haven’t tried velvet yarn yet, but I’m afraid the weight 4 yarns I have tried didn’t really work with this pattern; there wasn’t enough space between the arms and legs, and the stitch count was off. You could always feel free to test it out for yourself though!

6 Likes

I’d love to test this out for you! I just bought some yarn that would actually be perfect for this project :slight_smile:

6 Likes