Nephews blanket

So few months ago I started to teach myself how to crochet and had the grand idea to make my nephew a blanket, but as I got about halfway through the body I slowly stopped working in it. I didn’t want to work on it. So I scrapped it and started over. This is the result!!! Thanks @combatcrochet for the inspiration on this :blush:

So my question is: how do you know when to scrap a project and start over?

13 Likes

Well done! :clap:

2 Likes

Wow Carlos! That’s amazing.

Welcome to Ribblr, great to have you here. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

WOW beautiful! Looks so cozy! :heart_eyes:

I’m debating this myself actually, I started a new project and it didn’t end up exactly how I wanted it to and I’m asking myself: To frog, or not to frog?
On one hand, I can re-do it much better, on the other, sometimes it’s good to accept that something isn’t perfect…

3 Likes

I think that is beautiful!! You did a great job! When I make it to the halfway marker of a project, and it’s not working out like I wanted, I will either set it aside for the future or I build it into something else. Unless it’s full of holes and falling apart, you can make it into other things, it could be purely decorative and hang over the back of your couch or something. I hope that helps.

3 Likes

The texture is beautiful! :heart_eyes: Your blanket is wonderful. Usually if I need the yarn, or if the piece isn’t fun for me. If it’s a garment and my gauge is wrong, I usually frog and start from scratch!

3 Likes

Beautiful blanket!

I’m also doing a project with waffle stitch right now, though it is much smaller. I wanted to scrap it about 6 rows in because I was doubting my color choices but it’s turning out so nice I’m glad I kept going. It’s always hard for me to figure out when I actually need to scrap a project or if I’m just doubting my work. I guess it changes for me all the time, though I’ve rarely regretted frogging something.

3 Likes

Beautiful blanket!
Knowing when to scrap a project can be hard. Usually I’ll frog when I realize that i’ve laid it aside and not touched it for 6-12 months.

I used to hold onto WIPs for much longer, feeling that I had to finish every project I started, but now i’m working on being more realistic about it.

With that said, i’m a process maker - it’s not so much about the finished project to me, but is more about the process of creating the project. So if I don’t love it anymore and it’s not something i’m obligated to complete? Scrapped.

4 Likes

Love it! I don’t know when to scrap a project…I just never finish it and goes to my UFO pile! Which I WANT to finish this year lol

2 Likes

I am like most here I leave it in a project bag and say I will finish later I do finally scrap it when I can’t remember what I was knitting since I don’t print my patterns just download them into iBooks to work them.

2 Likes