Neverending Sock-along! MAL thread.

Sashiko has loads of stitches and is kind of meditative once you get into it.

#visiblemending on instagram is full of inspiration

4 Likes

So pretty! :smiley:

3 Likes

Definitely will have to check it out! Thanks so much for the info and help @JZsketch :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I taught myself to knit socks on dpn 22 years ago which were baby socks. Ive recently made another pair and its easier to start

8 Likes

So cute :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

How cute! I’m actually planning to make a baby pair to match the current pair for big brother and little sister…

5 Likes

You darn your socks its a old tradition if uou call it handed down from my Gran and ive got socks darned over and over .It does take practice but ive been darning for as ive crocheted

5 Likes

Oh no they’re so small and cute!! I love them.

4 Likes

Only have 2 of this size, and I use 2 circ method… Don’t have dpn in the size (or I’d be willing to use for last 11 rounds) I wanna cry!

4 Likes

Oh no!!!

2 Likes

Woohoo! Read mm sizes people!! I was using Size 1 (2.25mm)… I had compared it to a Size 1 (2.5mm) and it was too big, so I thought I was using a size 0 (2.00mm)… But when I decided to try to use the Size 1 as stitch holders and fudge the last 11 rounds, I grabbed a Size 1 (2.25mm) and was surprised because it looked like it was the same size I was using… I didn’t pay attention to the mm until I was trying to figure out why 1 needle I grabbed to compare looked bigger than the 2nd needle I grabbed to fudge… I can finish his socks fairly easily! (Cable length is different, so a small learning curve using the smaller cable length)

4 Likes

Oh bother the brain fog… z

3 Likes

I knew that crochet hooks have issues like this, I didn’t realize that knitting needles do too… With crochet I’m forever looking at 4.00, 4.25, & 4.50mm hooks very carefully (all 3 I’ve seen labelled as G), but I would have never guessed about the Size 1 knitting needles :woman_facepalming:t3:
I have several 2.50mm in the length I like, and son said the socks in finishing are a smidgen right, so happily I’ll move up .25mm for his next socks :blush:

4 Likes

I’m in im planning on buying some sock yarn once I’ve brought a few needles, etc so i havevan awesome ebook as the book ni longer at my library as after 9 years a book is no longer . I purchased the e-book on etsy now if you can buy this book omg its amazing ive made several socks from here and my very fist dpn socks

4 Likes

Those socks look wonderful!

3 Likes

That’s illegal as the patterns/book is copyrighted

3 Likes

Sorry wasn’t thinking

3 Likes

Its not actually illegal to make copies of any book as long as its not 100% of it.

2 Likes

Yay! I hate the American sizes, why can’t y’all just use mm for needles it’s much simpler and more specific xD
I’m glad you’re able to finish them!

3 Likes

Oh wow those are aoke interesting looking socks, definitely going to look this book up later.

3 Likes