New but not new

Hey everyone!! I joined a few days ago per a recommendation from another member from a garage sale! And so far I’m loving it here.

I have been a crocheter most of my life. Always trying to make gloves hats or afghans. It wasn’t until the last ten years where I have “perfected” my edges and start making them straight.

I was never taught how to read a pattern so that is very difficult for me right now. I know once I get that mastered then it should be smooth sailing.

A little about me. I’ve been married to my husband for 5 years but together for 22. We have a 21 year old daughter (birthday today). She is expecting her first baby in May 2023.

I went to nursing school and got my RN degree however I’m still an LPN. I have not worked since 2018 and had a total hip replacement in 2019.

my husband is a truck driver and is gone 4-5 days at a time. I do go with him once in awhile. My favorite place with him has been Florida by far.

We have 2 dogs. Ellie May, vizsla and 10 years old, Junior, rat terrier and 1. We also rescued 3 kittens last October all litter mates. Charlie, Danielle and Boone These three keep me the busiest by far.

In spare time I enjoy reading, games on my phone, crochet and being with close friends.

17 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr! Great to have you here :wave:
Did you try a Ribblr ePattern yet? I think it’ll be exactly what you need to get going with patterns

9 Likes

No I haven’t. But I sure will. Thank you!!

5 Likes

Where do I find them. I’m still slightly new.

5 Likes

First, press on the purple Ribblr button on the lower left.

Then it will take you to where all the patterns are.

6 Likes

Welcome! It’s so nice to meet you :blush: I hope you enjoy your time here, here’s a video (In US terms) that might be able to help you read patterns if you read US terms, if not I can help find another video that can help

Also, happy birthday to your daughter!

6 Likes

@ArtsAndNaps thank you. That was helpful!!

5 Likes

No problem! :blush:

5 Likes

Welcome!! Once you get the hang of things, I think you’re really going to enjoy being here. :hugs:

3 Likes

Welcome, looks to me like you’re getting the hang of this. I think it’s a truly wonderful space.

4 Likes

Welcome
Hi hi! Welcome to Ribblr! Glad to have you here!

4 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr! I’m sure you’ll love it here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So glad you found us in our little corner of the internet :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome!

4 Likes