New QOTD Thread

Joanns has some good one ply for you then!

6 Likes

@NoKittenAroundStudio wanna ask the QOTD? Put it in bold so everyone knows!

5 Likes

QOTD how much yarn do you have in your stash?

I have too much to count lol, like 6 or 7 bins full :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Umm…, I think 40 or so skeins probably more though :joy:

7 Likes

I got around 2 big shopping bags full of yarn and a crate of yarn for a big blanket, but still I can’t seem to find the colors and sizes I need for projects sometimes :joy:

7 Likes

Can I plead the 5th? Hehe… After destashing a huge amount (probably half) I still have 9 medium/large totes, 3 large/xlarge totes and at least 2 large boxes… (the X is because those don’t have yarn, but the bottom tote is the size of the 3 large/xlarge totes and the blue tote is close to the size of the boxes)

9 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of yarn! (But that’s coming from me who has like a million tubs of yarn lol :joy:)

8 Likes

clothing hands down!

8 Likes

@NoKittenAroundStudio
Gosh…. I feel like I’m just beginning my yarn stash…. I feel like I have 5-6 different sized boxes & bins… the skeins are various sizes so I wouldn’t begin to know the actual amount of skeins… umm… definitely more than 50… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

I like to do amigurumi and I have 5 skeins of yarn but each skein is 1 pound.

8 Likes

Like I said, that was after getting rid of at least half when I moved a few years ago (Oct '19) and I have bought some more but also used some since… A lot is people saying “oh you knit/crochet, here’s my grandma’s yarn”… Hence why I’ll be doing another scrapghan this year… I’m getting better at being a little picky at what I keep, so when someone gives me yarn I go through and make honest decisions on whether I’ll use it or not… Then I do it again a month or so later because sometimes something that I kept I’ll realize I probably won’t use… I also try to only buy yarn when I have a specific project and don’t have enough yarn for it

8 Likes

Wow! Yeah that happens to me to… except for the fact that I don’t get rid of any as I think I’ll probably use it sooner or later :joy:

8 Likes

More than 100 skeins at least!

8 Likes

My sister told me once I have more than Walmart. Then she gave me half of hers.

9 Likes

March 7th QOTD: What’s your dream project?

For me, I can’t wait to crochet or knit a sweather. I want to do one that is either mohair held double…or mohair +wool combo… then I also want to make an oversized long sweather… it’s a dream cuz it’ll cost $$$ :laughing::wink::sweat_smile: but I plan to save up little by little.

7 Likes

@HookedByMarilyn i love this… “you could open up a store… here take more!” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

I would like to make a cardigan! I don’t have the patience rn

7 Likes

Thank you for asking the QOTD but maybe next time wait for me I had someone else planned (I had you planned for another day)

5 Likes

I’m sure she didn’t mean to jump the order that you had planned. I think she only asked because nobody had asked a QOTD yet

6 Likes

I hope to knit Camisole No. 2 by My Favorite Things Knitwear one day :star_struck: it’s absolutely so stunning!! But I’m not very experienced making clothing, so I would want to practice before jumping into it. Mohair can be quite expensive :sweat: I recommend the Drops Kid Silk mohair, it’s not pricey at all for a mohair yarn and is pretty good quality!!

7 Likes