New Ribblr add on possibility?

Hey you all! I thought of an idea for Ribblr that maybe should be put on! I know some people have parents that are strict with websites, and I thought what if Ribblr had restriction modes that parents could put on to protect kids from that? What do you think @Ribblr?

22 Likes

Well, if that happened, then i wouldnt be able to interact with you guys.

15 Likes

I’d rather this not be a feature, because that would limit most of the apps feature and prevent most of the users from being able to do anything :<

10 Likes

I don’t think this is a good idea, my parents are really strict and I might not be able to post topics or interact with anyone. I personally don’t like this idea.

8 Likes

I was just thinking because I know some people who want this a possibility

5 Likes

And I don’t mean blocking the chat, I mean like to make it so that no bad words will show, etc.

4 Likes

In the long run not a good idea

4 Likes

Yeah my parents would def liek that.

3 Likes

Pls no….

5 Likes

Same

3 Likes

Parents (or anyone else for that matter) should not be able to override Ribblr’s rules and procedures for any reason. Ribblr has rules, terms and conditions, terms of service etc and other policies for a good reason, to make it safe for members to use.

No way should anyone be allowed to get around this

I know teenagers don’t like restrictions but they are in place for a good reason

4 Likes

Same :sob::raised_hand:

4 Likes

Im fine with ribblrs rules. But my parents would comepletely disengage me from talking with you giys if this feature were to take place.

3 Likes

If the blocking badwords is all ure concerned abt, im sorry but u cant control the words other people say. If you dont like it, dont read it.

4 Likes

I haven’t really encountered any posts here with foul language. I don’t use the chat so perhaps it’s different there.

I don’t really think any blocking feature is necessary here

6 Likes

its a good thought, but I really don’t think this is necessary. Ive very rarely come across any foul language on the chats or topics, but if this does become a problem, ribblr may want to consider having a mode to tag any bad words in the chat. I think if parents had restriction modes, many of the users we have today wouldn’t be here.

4 Likes

I understand everyone who disagrees, but I also see the point Buggy has. Some people aren’t allowed to use the app for certain reasons. I respect both opinions.

3 Likes

But that is not the communities problem if the parents dont trust their kids!

4 Likes

I don’t think that it is a matter of how much the parents trust their kids. The parents don’t trust the strangers on the internet who interact with their kids, that’s what concerns the parents.

4 Likes

i don’t personally like this bc well whats bad on ribblr? my parents mightbnot let me on here if they thought it was bad

3 Likes