New to Designing Patterns

Hello,

My name is Foster and I have been on Ribbler for a couple of months, and released two patterns so far. I am still new to designing my own patterns and I would love some feedback on what I could work on when publishing my patterns.

10 Likes

When posting patterns try to be as mindful as possible that beginners may be making your pattern, make sure your as clear as possible in what to do (that pattern is so freaking adorable)

5 Likes

Thank you so much.

4 Likes

I just took a look at the pattern and the beginning looks good but maybe add the safety eyes size, amount of yarn and stuffing you used, there’s nothing worse then running out mid project and I usually buy all the yarn right at the start

3 Likes

I will do that, the only issue is knowing the size of the eyes. I buy all my large safety eyes in bulk and they don’t have the sizes labeled. I will be double-checking them in the future. Thank you so much for your feedback.

5 Likes

No problem! I get mine in bulk to so I just estimate the size when writing patterns when you buy safety eyes it’s usually pretty easy to find out what sizes it comes with even if it’s not listed and you can usually figure it out from there, if you can’t I can always just find a size that looks good with the pattern and let you know if you’d like to include it in the pattern

4 Likes

If you’d like to learn how to measure your safety eyes, I have a tutorial on my website at www.summerbug.ca! I always buy mine in bulk from Amazon and none of them come labeled for me.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi quick question? How would I buy large eyes in bulk off amazon? Sorry I’m new to the “business” of crocheting!

5 Likes

I use amazon to buy in bulk. I usually search large safety eyes in bulk.

4 Likes

This will help so much!! Thank you so much!!!

5 Likes

You can purchase a 120 piece kit from Amazon that allows you to pick which large safety eye gauge you need. Here is the link if you’d like to check it out! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No problem! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s really cute! Congrats :partying_face:

3 Likes