New to pattern making

Hey guys,
So I’m wanting to start making my own pattern but I’ve never done it before, any handy tips and tricks?

7 Likes

First it looks like you need a designer account. Contact @Ribblr via private message here on Ribblr and they’ll get back to you ASAP! :slightly_smiling_face:
Regarding your question - it’s helpful to know some basic formulas, such as working in the round, and working in rows. It’s also helpful to have an idea of what you want to make. Break it down into simple shapes if it’s more complicated, but if it’s more simple you should be ok. Then start crocheting/knitting, and it’s really most trial-and-error! If you stick to it, you’ll probably eventually come up with what you want it to be.
Hope this helps!!
:orange_heart:Nicole

7 Likes

Thanks that’s super helpful!

5 Likes

Of course!! :revolving_hearts: Also welcome to Ribblr! You’ll love it here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty cool hey :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How long does it usually take for @Ribblr to respond? I’ve been waiting for 3 hours @NoKittenAroundStudio

5 Likes

Usually less than 24 hours :slightly_smiling_face:
@TealBlueSea

5 Likes

My recommendatiom would be to try. Start doing it as much as possible. It helps to have seen/worked on a lot of different patterns from other designers to get a hang of how shapes are made and certain items are made etc. But nothing beats first hand experience :slight_smile: what helped me a lot is freehanding and doing a bunch of shapes. Might have to frog and try again a lot at first but that’s how it eventually becomes easier. Hope this helps :blush:

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely what I’ve been doing atm, trial and error. Sounds like your kinda like me (a kenetic learner) @Winternightmare

6 Likes

Welcome!

5 Likes

5 Likes