New to Ribblr !

Hello everyone !
I am new to Ribblr and am just starting to convert my patterns over. I am used to Ravelry and Etsy !
Any advice on how to do well here would be great :slight_smile: or check out my first pattern posted here (Cherry Keychain/ Bag Charm)
Thanks !

16 Likes

Thought I’d add the link in there for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Thank you ! <3

3 Likes

Hi am just starting on here too Welcome !
I read that you do ralvery and esty which one do you like more am just starting to write my patterns and want to sell them but not sure which is best option Thanks !

4 Likes

I would say for just patterns I definitely prefer Ravelry since it’s specifically a space for knit/crochet patterns, but I get more website traffic to Etsy or if you’re looking to sell finished products :).
Some people say the Etsy fees are high but they are fairly low compared to the easy process and simple way to set up your store.
Etsy has a 0.20 USD fee per posting a listing, while Ravelry is free to post but would create a fee if you make a certain amount in sales.
Hopefully any of this helps !

5 Likes

Wow! Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr! I hope you enjoy your time here :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr!

1 Like

There is a an Etsy sellers group on Ravelry if you haven’t already found it. Etsy can treat sellers badly from what I’ve heard and they keep raising their fees.

3 Likes

Welcome! Ribblr is the ultimate destination for crafters - you can create using our interactive format, meet other crafters, get inspired and of course sell both patterns finished makes with the lowest fees possible (and even with no fees at all! check out $elFee).

Here’s the best guide to help you get your first pattern on Ribblr:

There’s plenty of resources in the help center, a full Ribbuild tour & video and we’re here to help too!

5 Likes

Welcome :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr!
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move

3 Likes

Welcome :hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

welcome
I would say that you should double and triple check your patterns for formatting once they are in the program. Far too many designers just trust the copy paste and create a pattern that is not as user friendly as ribblr is meant to be.

3 Likes